SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2017 XC90 | T6 Momentum+; p*, Crystal White Metallic/Amber, invisihitch, &more.
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Looking to purchase a C70, ideally with a Manual Transmission. Anyone considering selling theirs? Would also be open to trading our 2017 XC90, as we just purchased a 2021 Ram 1500 Limited Longhorn to replace the XC90. Thanks!

·
Registered
656 Posts
27k-Mile 2006 Volvo C70 T5 for sale on BaT Auctions - ending June 9 (Lot #49,335) | Bring a Trailer

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
243 Posts
My 98 T5M coupe is in the classifieds here, but prob not what you want.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Well there weren’t that many with a stick to start with, so looking for a good one that someone wants to get rid of now is becoming akin to unicorn hunting

·
Registered
98 S70 Base, 06 S40 T5 M66 FWD, 08 C70 M66, 11 XC90 V8, 13 C70 P*
948 Posts
Well there weren’t that many with a stick to start with, so looking for a good one that someone wants to get rid of now is becoming akin to unicorn hunting
Yep, going to be hard to find. OP, you’re probably tracking that the last year they offered the M66 in the C70 for the US market is MY 2010. I saw one of those come on the market a couple of years ago but it was Black Stone/Off Black interior - too hot here.

(Corrected - found a couple more that were mislabeled in the ad as auto but the pics show a true stick.) I only see four verifiable M66s online right now - a 2006 Black Stone/Calcite Cream in the DC area, a 2007 Celestial Blue/Calcite Cream in Garner NC, and another 2006 Magic Blue/Calcite (with wind blocker!) in Pa. The DC and NC ones have few Ks above 100K, the PA has just under 118K. All of those are listed in the low to high $8K range.

If you want to pay full premium, the 4th’s a private seller in south central IL who has a 2009 in Vanilla Pearl Metallic/Calcite Cream with 37K miles. He’s asking $14,995. Looks like he’s taken immaculate care of it. That 27K 2006 on BaT went for $15,550, so maybe not as crazy an asking price as I thought.

Given that I paid less than $8K 5 years ago for my ‘08 M66, I may have to reconsider how long I hold onto mine…..

·
Registered
2017 XC90 | T6 Momentum+; p*, Crystal White Metallic/Amber, invisihitch, &more.
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yep, going to be hard to find. OP, you’re probably tracking that the last year they offered the M66 in the C70 for the US market is MY 2010. I saw one of those come on the market a couple of years ago but it was Black Stone/Off Black interior - too hot here.

(Corrected - found a couple more that were mislabeled in the ad as auto but the pics show a true stick.) I only see four verifiable M66s online right now - a 2006 Black Stone/Calcite Cream in the DC area, a 2007 Celestial Blue/Calcite Cream in Garner NC, and another 2006 Magic Blue/Calcite (with wind blocker!) in Pa. The DC and NC ones have few Ks above 100K, the PA has just under 118K. All of those are listed in the low to high $8K range.

If you want to pay full premium, the 4th’s a private seller in south central IL who has a 2009 in Vanilla Pearl Metallic/Calcite Cream with 37K miles. He’s asking $14,995. Looks like he’s taken immaculate care of it. That 27K 2006 on BaT went for $15,550, so maybe not as crazy an asking price as I thought.

Given that I paid less than $8K 5 years ago for my ‘08 M66, I may have to reconsider how long I hold onto mine…..

Can you send me the link to the one in Illinois?

·
Registered
656 Posts
Prices are really spiking on used cars right now.

I bought my 2011 with around 80,000 miles in early 2018 and only paid $9,000.

I want to upgrade to a 2013 but am having a hard time justifying the cost for a couple years newer and less miles.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
326 Posts
I feel your pain man!

When they stopped making the C70 in 2013, I panicked and decided we should upgrade from the 2007 with 100k to something newer. After researching the details, my wife had to make a decision. She could have a 1-year old 2013 with some warranty (maybe even CPO) and an AUTOMATIC transmission OR I could try to find a 2010 in decent shape with decent options with a MANUAL trans. The wife picked manual. Swore she could never go back to automatic now that she had felt the excitement of driving a stick.

It took me a while to find a suitable replacement, within a day or two of driving from our midwest hometown. It was maddening! So many dealers would fill out the advertisement and say they had a MT, only to see an AT in the pictures or find out over the phone. It was such a grueling search but I'm glad we found one in decent shape with the "newer" engine. I don't remember when the extra HP was added, maybe 2009?

Ironically, I had a fair difficulty selling the extra C70 - even though it was loaded - perhaps because it was an MT. BMW had prided itself as being a euro "sports car." But in reality less than 30% of BMWs in the US have manual transmissions - and the number is much lower for Volvos.

Good luck and let us know what you find.

·
Registered
98 S70 Base, 06 S40 T5 M66 FWD, 08 C70 M66, 11 XC90 V8, 13 C70 P*
948 Posts
Ironically, I had a fair difficulty selling the extra C70 - even though it was loaded - perhaps because it was an MT.
Wait, what? I had to fend off two other guys lined up to buy the ‘08 M66 sight unseen from several hundred miles away if I didn’t make a quick deal with the seller a few years ago. I’m shocked that you had trouble selling yours.

Reactions: Facusan

·
Registered
326 Posts
Wait, what? I had to fend off two other guys lined up to buy the ‘08 M66 sight unseen from several hundred miles away if I didn’t make a quick deal with the seller a few years ago. I’m shocked that you had trouble selling yours.
Yes, I've always been lucky that way selling cars. I'm just not that good at it (except my AMG Mercedes - LOL). This was back in summer 2014 and I only had one serious buyer and he was a pain to deal with.

·
Registered
2007 S40 2.4i AW55-50 / 2007 C70 T5 AW55-50
508 Posts
Ironically, I had a fair difficulty selling the extra C70 - even though it was loaded - perhaps because it was an MT.
FML!. I was looking for a manual S40 or C70 for a couple years and the only four I saw in texas. It was either the car was OK-ish but the price was ridiculous or the car had a stupid amount of miles and a trashed interior.

This is one example:

A mechanic was selling this 2007 with~200k miles (yeah, that’s only in 1st gear. what about the rest?) with a bent control arm and a damaged fender.

The guy was asking $4200.

Last year I found the one I have, listed as a manual, with 97k, a good interior, loaded except sat nav. but with a disassembled engine and 20 bent valves. Like 90% of the listings, it ended up being an automatic.

The guy was initially asking $3k, I saved the link and waited a couple months, he ended up lowering the price to $1k, I offered $700 on the spot, lowest he could go was $900 so I bought it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 18 of 18 Posts