SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FYI - if anyone is interested in getting a credit card merchant account for your side jobs, coaching, tutoring, sell used parts, garage sales/clean out, sell girl guide cookies, collecting IOUs from friends, etc., then check this product out. It's a free (for now) card reader that plugs in to your smartphone or tablet (iPhone, Blackberry, Android) if you have a data plan and allows you to take Visa and Mastercard and have the money deposited to your bank account next day.

The card reader is yours to keep with no contract/obligations but there is a small monthly fee if you keep the account open, and transaction fees (% basis). You can use a personal bank account and you don't need a business licence or registration.

www.getpayd.com

Just a heads up if anyone is interested in something like this.....

·
Registered
337 Posts
Sorry but:

Square is better, because it's free to own the unit, has no monthly charges, and they only charge a commission if you swipe a card.

Paypal also has their own unit which is also free, with no monthly charges.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Square and Paypal isn't in Canada as yet as far as I know so who knows if they will price same as the US or not. I know their software vendors do not have Canadian databases and have to build these for them so their economics may be different than for US. Paypal has a strong business here so I'm sure they will have a competitive product whenever they are ready to launch.

Doesn't Square charge 4% to 5% if you key in a credit card number instead of swipe it? Someone had posted about Square on another forum and said his wife gets hit with those higher rates.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts