SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It looks like there is a free subscription trial for AT&T wifi hot spot.

Anyone doing this?

·
Registered
110 Posts
It looks like there is a free subscription trial for AT&T wifi hot spot.

Anyone doing this?
3 months or 3GB, whatever comes first. It's $450 for 2 years of service, seems alright for UL with roaming.

Notice that Spotify does take a minute or two to connect though, very odd.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm using the free trial and it works well. Where I'm at there are a few dead spots
How do you start the trial? I've had my car for a month... didn't even know this was available.

·
Registered
46 Posts
"How do you start the trial? I've had my car for a month... didn't even know this was available."

I had a pamphlet that was in the glove box. I followed the instructions and activated the feature on the website. It asked for my VIN as well as other important details.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I activated mine a couple months ago and only used it twice. $450 is a good deal for 3g (I think) unlimited data & roaming. I think I'd do better if I used another carrier. Anyone know if I can switch the SIM?

·
Registered
186 Posts
I used the free trial and really enjoyed it. I wasn't sure about things so I opted for the 1 year for $250 option. When that expires I'll go for the 2 year option.

I was debating about having my car act as the hotspot and serving wifi to devices or using my phone as the hotspot and having the car connect to it. I think it's actually probably a little better/easier to have the car connect to the cellular network and then provide wifi. When my wife and kids are in the car, they call connect and are good to go.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I created and activated my account today... will have to see it in action tomorrow. I'll need to see how much I'd actually use it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Is the included trial 4G LTE or is it only 3g as one of the earlier posts in this thread alluded to?

I'd spring for 4G at those prices because everyone in the car could share that connection via hotspot, but with 3g it would be a different story.

Anyone have speed test results for their connection?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
VOC / Connectivity Expert
650 Posts
Is the included trial 4G LTE or is it only 3g as one of the earlier posts in this thread alluded to?

I'd spring for 4G at those prices because everyone in the car could share that connection via hotspot, but with 3g it would be a different story.

Anyone have speed test results for their connection?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
All xc40's are 4G.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts