SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed my wipers blades have started streaking and being in the northeast it is especially important to have great wiper blades. I have the Volvo ones on now which are fine but if I can get better ones I would. Does anyone here use non-Volvo blades or have experience with the new Bosch Envision blades? They are about $30 a piece but look fantastic. I can get new Volvo ones for about $40.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
I have the Bosch. They're okay in moderately cold temps, but once below -20C (-4F) chatter a lot and leave streaks.

·
Registered
6,041 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Bosch ICON, the less expensive ones of their lineup. For the 6$ they cost me they are quite good (so far).

·
Registered
689 Posts
Bosch ICON, the less expensive ones of their lineup. For the 6$ they cost me they are quite good (so far).
???? $ 6 bones!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
561 Posts
I use the Bosch Icon blades as well as replacements. $6 is an unbelievable deal though. I ended up at almost $30 for the set (not the cheapest price but I had an amazon GC)

·
Registered
4,669 Posts
I use the Bosch AeroTwin wipers on my V60RD and they have been excellent so far with no issues.

·
Registered
523 Posts
I use the Bosch Icon blades as well as replacements. $6 is an unbelievable deal though. I ended up at almost $30 for the set (not the cheapest price but I had an amazon GC)
Yes, and that's $6 Canadian :)
I paid that price for each one last fall from a canadian online retailer.

For the rear one I never found a cheap alternative though. Ended up with a genuine one at $26....

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
I use the Bosch AeroTwin wipers on my V60RD and they have been excellent so far with no issues.
Isn't the Aerotwin, two Icon's packaged together? For a sec, I thought you had a cool double wiper system...

·
Registered
254 Posts
I have the Bosch. They're okay in moderately cold temps, but once below -20C (-4F) chatter a lot and leave streaks.
I'd imagine that any blade will have issues once it gets that cold. Happens maybe once each winter around here. A quick shot of washer fluid once the heated windshield has been on for a bit usually sets things right...
Seconded. ~$29 for the pair with a 6-month recurring "subscription".

·
Registered
4,669 Posts
I'd imagine that any blade will have issues once it gets that cold. Happens maybe once each winter around here. A quick shot of washer fluid once the heated windshield has been on for a bit usually sets things right...

Seconded. ~$29 for the pair with a 6-month recurring "subscription".
I scored them for $22 on sale; the price changes anywhere from $22-30 on Amazon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1970 Camaro, 2006 Honda Odyssey, 2018 S90 T8, 2019 Chrysler Pacifica PHEV
328 Posts
In a moment of apparent extreme weakness, I had the dealer replace all 3 on our car and they have turned out to be total crap. I told my wife we'd be better off paying $18-20 every six months for new non-Volvo ones rather than buying the Volvo replacements.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Bought a set of SWF wipers for the front recently and they worked really well.

I also purchased a set of two VEMO 29" wiper refills for $10 which I cut to size and put into the original wipers just last night. If they test out okay, I will likely go that route moving forward since the swap is pretty easy...depress tension clip, pop the end caps off and pull out old rubber blade. Cut new rubbers :) length, reinsert and install end caps.

·
Registered
4,669 Posts
Isn't the Aerotwin, two Icon's packaged together? For a sec, I thought you had a cool double wiper system...
The AeroTwin's are OE replacement without having to swap out adapters; they do look exactly as Icon's and probably are, lol!

·
Registered
561 Posts
Was in the same dilemma when ordering blades, Aerotwin vs Icon. I ended up with the icon because they were cheaper and I couldn't find a difference, but upon looking again, the aerotwin look to have a slightly different design (or I am getting sucked into marketing hype).

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
The AeroTwin's are OE replacement without having to swap out adapters; they do look exactly as Icon's and probably are, lol!
Will have to look into those next time!

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
1 - 20 of 42 Posts