SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
im running the elevate pads. they are good but mine started to squeal after a couple months....its not that bad tho.the pads don't wear out as fast as the OEM pads in my experience.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
do they squeal at just low speed while turning in parking lots similar to the OEM pads or is this an every time you stop kind of squeal? do you think the stopping power is improved over OEM pads or equal?

·
Registered
942 Posts
I have had them in for over a year, no squeal. Stopping is the same as stock IMO.
Much less dust than stock pads.

I did not turn or surface rotors, just swapped in Elevate pads.

Work nicely.

·
Registered
128 Posts
do they squeal at just low speed while turning in parking lots similar to the OEM pads or is this an every time you stop kind of squeal? do you think the stopping power is improved over OEM pads or equal?
its only has a slight squeal when i start applying the brakes. it goes away really quickly and u can only hear it when your windows are down. I swapped he pads and rotors at the same times and got a little better stopping distance, might just be me thinking about it too much. The low dusting of the pads is a BIG plus. My pegs rarely get dirty.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
even if these pads equal OEM preformance they are a good deal, thanks for the reviews guys, i think is is the route i will go!

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
no i didnt order yet but my volvo dealer quoted me 270 for just the front pads so as long as this setup is equal to OEM i think its a good choice!

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i got the price for the front pads and didnt even bother to get the price on anything else. for what they want for oem replacement i could get some high quality aftermarket parts. but honestly i will probably go with the elevate stuff since im going to have to ship it as well.

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
i got the price for the front pads and didnt even bother to get the price on anything else. for what they want for oem replacement i could get some high quality aftermarket parts. but honestly i will probably go with the elevate stuff since im going to have to ship it as well.
Do you know who makes the rotors for Elevate?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts