SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems my boost leak is due to my intercooler, and I'm not going to replace it with another stock one. I've been looking at the Snabb intercooler, but I'd like to spend a little less than that. Which brings me to this... https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-FOR-Vo...=2631996880421cf666adc6bf41ceb814c56fe4a01d18

Are these still worth buying, and does anyone have one? I'd feel much better spending $235 than $350-400+ on Snabb or do88.

·
Registered
17,728 Posts
Those are garbage.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Those are garbage.
I figured as much, but it couldn't hurt to ask! Lol

I'm assuming this is what my cousin has in his car, we found it at the junkyard. At that price it's worth it either way due to the welded side spacers... I hate those stupid things on the stock IC.

·
Registered
808 Posts
My son and I installed one in his 00R a few years back, while it seems to be working fine, fitment was a pain and had to trim a good amount of the inside of the upper rad support to make it fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
292 Posts
the Do88 I/C goes on sale every year on Black Friday(November something?)....I waited 8 months to get mine it's a significant price drop...that I/C is a work of art...worth every day I waited and every dollar I spent on it...

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the Do88 I/C goes on sale every year on Black Friday(November something?)....I waited 8 months to get mine it's a significant price drop...that I/C is a work of art...worth every day I waited and every dollar I spent on it...
Good to know! I wanted to try and find a used one, but I can't spend that money right now. Snabb's $365 price tag is quite appealing too, I'll have to see how long that stays on sale.

What really bugs me is between the IC and reverse piping that I'd like, it's almost $800 with everything on sale. That's a lot of money to put into just and intercooler and piping on my $300 car...

·
Registered
292 Posts
agreed....Do88 is phenomenal in hot weather...

·
Registered
808 Posts
Yup, I installed a D088 IC in my 01 XC last year, nice difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17,728 Posts
Good to know! I wanted to try and find a used one, but I can't spend that money right now. Snabb's $365 price tag is quite appealing too, I'll have to see how long that stays on sale.

What really bugs me is between the IC and reverse piping that I'd like, it's almost $800 with everything on sale. That's a lot of money to put into just and intercooler and piping on my $300 car...
Rip kit is pointless on drive by wire me7 cars. Intercooler is the way to go

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Rip kit is pointless on drive by wire me7 cars. Intercooler is the way to go
Interesting. I'll have to do some more research on that. I'd much rather just pay $160 for silicone IC hoses to replace my mushy oil-soaked rubber ones if it doesn't make much of a difference (or any at all).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts