SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a EST 3 piece DP from frank about 2 months ago. Installed it that day lol

Havent been driving my car much at all, as i have a daily civic.

Drove today and boom, engine light. Took it into my dealer and ran the code.... Cat converter efficency yada yada. I have the Elevate tune which deletes the rear O2 code. So i know thats not it.

Dealer told me to replace the cat converter. Although i have a warranty on my Volvo... dealer wont touch modified exhaust systems, which i understand competely. Emailed frank to see if there is some kind of warranty.

Anyone have any issues with the EST cat?

·
Registered
337 Posts
Ryan,

Tons of folks have had problems with EST's downpipe. Their chinese made, piss poor quality ceramic cats don't belong on a turbocharged engine. Don't expect Frank to help you out, he's left people I know hanging before. I'll try to fidn you some threads.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
If the rear O2 is disabled, then the car has no way of testing the catalytic converter. It sounds like the rear O2 code is enabled, and the higher flow of the EST cat is causing the light to be triggered. Are you 100% sure that the rear O2 sensor monitor is disabled in your ECU?

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If the rear O2 is disabled, then the car has no way of testing the catalytic converter. It sounds like the rear O2 code is enabled, and the higher flow of the EST cat is causing the light to be triggered. Are you 100% sure that the rear O2 sensor monitor is disabled in your ECU?
ya, thats what don said from elevate.... i sent him an email 3 days ago, no word form him yet

·
Registered
17 Posts
If I'm not mistaken they use the same Magnaflow cat that everyone else does... The 49 state legal pn 59959

·
Registered
17 Posts
A friend had the same thing happen after installing his downpipe from Eurosport on a 2009 S40 T5 AWD. They sent him a spacer from Vibrant Performance for the rear O2 sensor. I think we ended up using the middle "jet" to get the light to stay off.

The Part number was 11621

·
Registered
581 Posts
A friend had the same thing happen after installing his downpipe from Eurosport on a 2009 S40 T5 AWD. They sent him a spacer from Vibrant Performance for the rear O2 sensor. I think we ended up using the middle "jet" to get the light to stay off.

The Part number was 11621
I got an "L" shaped O2 sensor spacer from big daddy's garage. I'm running catless and I get no codes no lights.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts