SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is probably a dumb topic but does anyone uber there R? I've got a buddy who ubers and has a 06 s40 m66 with nav and he gets all sorts of questions when he ubers and a lot of people are very impressed. I would never uber my vr but I'm curious to know if anyone has, and the reactions they may be getting from people who have no idea what an R is.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

·
2,521 Posts
If there was an Uber service sector for legless people then yea. I mean I'm 6'4" and my seat is almost all the way back so only shorter girls fit back there. Plus it wouldn't be fun to maintain it for all of those extra miles

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
True, there's a lot of downsides to uber for an R, I was just curious tho.

·
Super Moderator
8,698 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
A coworker of mine looked into Uber and told me their criteria is the vehicle must be under 10 years old and have under 100K miles, with rules out many of the Rs out there.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
I looked to do it myself (when I realized I loved my R too much)...the R does not qualify. Moreover, I don't even think the P2 S60 even qualifies. It was not on the list when I looked.

That being said, I got a Lyft the other night and it was a 10 year old Toyota Avalon. I'm sure you can Lyft it!

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I would never do it, but I was curious because of uber select where only premium cars can qualify for and the s60 is on the list so I Wondered.

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
I saw a modified, new Golf R that was an uber in the DC area and quieted the same. I got an uber last weekend in a Camry that was definitely over ten years old. I didn't check the mileage, but there must be some loophole somewhere.

·
Registered
6 Posts
A valet pulled up my 07 VR and some dude hopped in my backseat thinking it was über. The dude was pretty tall so it was kind of funny watching him fold himself in there before I told him to GTF out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts