SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
let me know your thoughts on it....I am keen to get one, but don't want to just get the same thing I have, an fm transmitter.<br>K

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Re: anyone try the new ipod connector for the V50? (mgcarma)

Hi; welcome to Swedespeed. I'd recommend you try searching for what you're looking for. After three model years, there are very few questions that haven't been asked and answered in detail at least once.<p>That said, the iPod adapter for the S40/V50 is fairly new. There are a couple of people that have one installed. One thread discussing it is <A HREF="http://forums.swedespeed.com/zerothread?id=54430" TARGET="_blank">here</A>. Note that you will be disappointed, as it is exactly what you already have, an FM transmitter. The main difference is likely to be that this one is wired into the car's electrical system and will charge your iPod while it's in the transmitter cradle. And depending on which transmitter you have, even that might not be a difference.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Re: anyone try the new ipod connector for the V50? (mgcarma)

I have completed the installation of my JL Audio cleansweep, amps and speakers. It has an auxilliary source where I hook up my MP3 player and plays beautifully.<p>Search for the topic.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Can you tell me about it a little more? Is it like a wired fm modulator? How does it work? Did you make a writeup about it? Thanks

·
Registered
223 Posts
I seached your topic, but I had a question. How does the cleansweep work with the MOST? I was wondering how you connected it to the facory radio. Thanks

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Re: (josh684)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>josh684</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I seached your topic, but I had a question. How does the cleansweep work with the MOST? I was wondering how you connected it to the facory radio. Thanks</TD></TR></TABLE><p>There are a number of threads about the Cleansweep. Check out <A HREF="http://forums.swedespeed.com/zerothread?id=43362&postid=400443#400443" TARGET="_blank">this post</A> which should answer many of your questions. Two questions raised but not answered in the linked post are:<p>Does the the Cleansweep requires its own amp? The answer is yes.<br>If you have premium audio, does the cleansweep work with the system's surround sound processing? The answer is no.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts