SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
will it work with china-clone DICE?
how much do you need to pay for each downloaded software file?
I'd like to check if I can get the newest transmission software, heated seats turned-on software, maybe some other misc updated

===========================================================

Shopping Cart
Items
Item Description Format QTY Unit Price Extended
VIDA2012C EN VIDA2012C EN DVD 1 $0.00 $0.00
Volvo Techinfo Subscriptions
Type Subscription Days Price
SUB-TNN Subscription - Technical Journals 3 $4.00
SUB-WD-COMPLETE Complete Wiring Diagram Subscription 3 $4.00
SUB-SB Subscription - Service and Parts Bulletins 3 $3.00
SUB-NEWS Subscription - VIDA News 3 $0.00
VIDA Subscriptions
Type Subscription Days Price
remove AIOC VIDA All In One (PSDSW)

Packages
Diagnostic workflow N.A. [D]
Parts Catalogue N.A. [P]
Service Information NAFTA INDEP
Software Ordering and Download N.A. [SW]
3 $97.00
Sub Total: $108.00
Handling: $8.50
Shipping: $0.00
Total: $116.50

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
what are you looking to do? usually, its cheaper to let the dealer do it unless you have a lineup of cars or many SW packages to download.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
just some updates to the computers and turn on seat heaters in my 03 v70.
i probably need to schedule a maintenance visit for 03 v70 as they have the free SW updates with those.
I was just curious if the 3-day would work for a private person and how they charge you for SW.

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
It works just like it does for shops...you get the sub, they send you 2 DVD's and you load the real VIDA up to your computer, activate the subscription then order the SW. you have to pay for the SW after you purchase it on VIDA through volvotechinfo.com, go back to VIDA and then it loads to the car.

on top of that, you likely wont be able to add seat heaters, Volvo wont allow independants to download software that alters the car configuration.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
that's a big letdown. i guess it's time to shell out some cash for updates + alterations.
Darn!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Considering trying this myself... as I've recently ordered a cheapo chinese knockoff DiCE unit.

Anyone have firm proof/experience about what can and can't be done with an "independent" subscription to VIDA? Aka, what can't be done, that can be done at a dealer?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Considering trying this myself... as I've recently ordered a cheapo chinese knockoff DiCE unit.

Anyone have firm proof/experience about what can and can't be done with an "independent" subscription to VIDA? Aka, what can't be done, that can be done at a dealer?

Thanks!
Email the guy @ volvotechinfo.com and see what they say!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts