SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at the info on the model and that must be a heck of an expensive car, even with insensitive. Looks great though!

·
Registered
28 Posts
I think a 2018 T8 R-design is a better deal. The polestar engineered is nothing more than a previous spec and trimmed T8 R-desing with upgraded suspension ,brakes, seat-belts and logo's.
Beter upgrade a 2018 spec and have quite some money left for an awesome roadtrip.

·
Registered
6,921 Posts
I really like those golden seat belts. Well, price is still unknown but if the price markup is acceptable to you, it is great to have something special. :)

·
Registered
28 Posts

·
Registered
997 Posts
I ordered the 20 Polestar Engineered ition xc60 recently, but with the news about VolvoUSA not providing software updates I am rethinking this.

By the way, I have noticed the USA dealer orders have the B&W priced as a add on. The 2020 xc60 PE isn't listed yet, but the V60 PE version of this for 2020 is, and the BW is listed as included in the base price, so I am curious to see how the 20 xc60 PE gets finally listed on the USA site. Even the V60 when run through the dealers pricing comes out with BW as a add on price, so maybe the web site is wrong or maybe the dealer pricing on their system is wrong?

So in the end, the value of this depends on how much extra they actually charge upon release, and what is included in the base polestar engineered model, since there are a lot of packages and upgrades already within the base model and very few options. The international configurator is a little different than the USA one.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Price in Germany is 84,600 EUR, T8 AWD POLESTAR ENGINEERED base price, with accessories like B&W, IntelliSafe Pro-Paket..... price is 96,510 EUR :partywave:

·
Registered
997 Posts
Price in Germany is 84,600 EUR, T8 AWD POLESTAR ENGINEERED base price, with accessories like B&W, IntelliSafe Pro-Paket..... price is 96,510 EUR :partywave:
God that is insane... Much less here in the States.

·
Registered
51 Posts
European prices are really something...even in countries with moderate tax. For instance, mine d4 momentum with some extras ( business connect pro, winter pck, light pck, adjustability pck - not sure what this is called but it has extra interior lights, smartkey, and I got a bunch of small extras like park assist camera, tinted win, denim blue....all in all nothing special) was over 56k euros...thats almost 62k dollars. In countries with higher tax that price can go up by as much as 20,25 %. A nicely configured T8 ( tried it just for fun) can be well over 90k euros.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
997 Posts
For instance, the 20 "V60" with all packs and bowers prices on the US configuration site at only $68-$70k total. The dealer has that $3,200 higher with BW for some reason even though the USA site clearly shows BW in base cost for the PE. It's really confusing and my bet is web site is wrong. But it's been like that for a while now. I'm anxious for the dam web site to be updated to XC60 20's since they are already on dealer lots.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
European prices are really something...even in countries with moderate tax. For instance, mine d4 momentum with some extras ( business connect pro, winter pck, light pck, adjustability pck - not sure what this is called but it has extra interior lights, smartkey, and I got a bunch of small extras like park assist camera, tinted win, denim blue....all in all nothing special) was over 56k euros...thats almost 62k dollars. In countries with higher tax that price can go up by as much as 20,25 %. A nicely configured T8 ( tried it just for fun) can be well over 90k euros.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
The tax in most European countries is 17-23%, but .....

FYI in Denmark XC 60 Momentum D4 price is 90,659.02 Euro , R-Desing 100,700 EUR,

The most expensive country in the world for cars is Singapore
The Volvo XC60 T5 / T6 is from 132,700-152,000 EUR (147,000$ - 168,000$ ) - only :eek:

·
Registered
337 Posts
Yea, but when you go to these countries you see lots of nice cars. They’re everywhere. So SOMEBODY is buying them and SOMEBODY can afford them.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Yea, but when you go to these countries you see lots of nice cars. They’re everywhere. So SOMEBODY is buying them and SOMEBODY can afford them.
In Singapore, this is not the case, but Dubai and Abu Dhabi it is but there is only 5% car tax. Tax in Singapore is 140-180%
I've been there a number of times and I know

·
Registered
226 Posts
I ordered one OSD. Take delivery at factory on 11/4... so pumped!!! I was going to order the R-Design but then this one was announced. Wheels, suspension, and P* tune on the T8 just screamed my name. OSD price was $67.7k with the 22” wheels, which was less than $2k higher than the T8 R-Design I spec’d out. Wheels, brakes, suspension, and P* tune are worth way more than $2k to me, so that made it an easy decision. It was just what I was looking for.

Oh... and MSRP on the one I ordered would’ve been $73.5k.

·
Registered
997 Posts
I ordered one OSD. Take delivery at factory on 11/4... so pumped!!! I was going to order the R-Design but then this one was announced. Wheels, suspension, and P* tune on the T8 just screamed my name. OSD price was $67.7k with the 22” wheels, which was less than $2k higher than the T8 R-Design I spec’d out. Wheels, brakes, suspension, and P* tune are worth way more than $2k to me, so that made it an easy decision. It was just what I was looking for.

Oh... and MSRP on the one I ordered would’ve been $73.5k.
did it come with B&W?

·
Registered
226 Posts

·
Registered
997 Posts
Thx Lucca. That is helpful. Is there a non-OSD version of this pdf for PE?

·
Registered
226 Posts
Thx Lucca. That is helpful.
No prob. I think they also gave me a full list of specs and features on the P* Engineered version when I placed the order. I’ll look for it and post a copy when I get home.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Is there a non-OSD version of this pdf for PE?
Not that I know of... but non-OSD orders SHOULD be spec’d out the same way with MSRP pricing as stated in the document. OSD orders are market-specific. So the “base” P* engineered version you’d see sitting at a US dealer MUST include everything the “base” OSD P* engineered offers... and vice-versa. They can’t be any different.

·
Registered
997 Posts
The pricing the dealer received from the pre order so far, for both the v60 and the xc60 PE's, showed BW as +$3200, contrary to the USA configurator for the 20 V60 PE at least, and I am trying to show that the actual pricing should include it as per your link as well. Something fishy going on...

1 - 20 of 35 Posts