SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just picked up a 2008 XC90, with the dual DVD RSE system. One of the screens has some blocks of dead pixels. I'd like to just pop the unit out of mounting frame in the headrest, so I can open it up and see if I can source the LCD panel. Had anyone popped one of these out?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Bump, because I am wondering the same thing. My kids destroyed one of the screens. I found a replacement screen for the RSE that has the center console DVD player, but I have the dual dvd RSE and I can't find that it's compatible. Since it is 100% dead, I may just bust it out on my own, but I'd rather brake a test one or learn from others mistakes...

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
There are two tabs on the back of the seatback that you push in to release the headrest. Once released, you unplug the wiring harness and the headrest is out.

I'm almost positive the xc90 factory rse is made by myron and davis.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Thanks T6tim, can't speak for the other interested folks, but I am wanting to disassemble the screen itself and just replace the LCD. I still have my original headrest, so in the next little while I think I am just going to try to get it all apart, it already doesn't work, so I can't really "break" it anymore. I will put the non RSE headrest in it I can't figure it out and by and ipad mini... not worth the $400-$800 for a single replacement. I'll post back after I find time to do it.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Wondering what ever became of this. My passenger side screen has a black line across it. I read my CPO, and it seems DVD screens are one of the few uncovered items. Anyone had luck replacing a single screen yet? Without paying a grand? I know the kids can suffer through the black line, but I'd rather fix it if possible.
Thanks

·
3,391 Posts
I just came across this thread. I know its a few months old, but I have a complete tan color XC90 RSE headrest sitting in my closet if anybody needs it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts