SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guessing not, I searched. Apparently the diameter and possibly length of the front position is different from S60's, for which poly is available. Anyways there are a couple potential options for the front position:

1. Machine adaptor rings so that the ring fits into the LCA, and the S60 ploy bushing fits into the adaptor (may not work if the bushing length &/or center pin is different)
2. Get poly 'bar stock' from McMaster Carr and machine/get machined to fit
3. Make your own mold, and mold it (yes you can do this)
4. Contact some poly outfits & ask if they would make a set (you'd have to give them a working drawing)

Not trying to turn it into a corner carver, I just think that the stock bushing design is ABSURD. Did full poly LCA's on my (former) S60R, it actually rode better, in addition to much sharper steering. No downsides IMO.

Also, anyone have a set of used XC90 LCA's they'd be willing to donate for the cost of shipping & a little for your trouble?

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Long ago I obtained a spare set of LCA's to mess around with, just getting to this now. Looks like the pin dia. (bushing ID) measures 1.298"/33MM, metal sleeve ID ( bushing OD) 2.144/55MM. Forgot to measure the length. But next up is to obtain the dimensions of the S60 bushings, IIRC the pin dia is smaller, not sure about the OD but if its the same the net amount of rubber would be less, makes sense for a heavier car if they want to limit squirm.

For the 2007 XC90 V8, I have IPD sways waiting to install, will get solid subframe mounts since they are cheap and have to drop the subframe to install the front bar, and hopefully cobble together some poly for the front position of the LCA but not sure. I had full poly on my R and in the 40K or so there was no deterioration, but it seems some here have that issue on the superpros so still undecided there.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts