SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought this was part of a package, but it seems like it can be had as a stand alone part.

What do you guys think? Would it "flow" with the rest of the standard R Design look? It appears to be bigger than the standard wing. The only black option is the Onyx Black... is that the black being used on roof on a two tone RD?

https://accessories.volvocars.com/en-us/XC40/Accessories/Document/VCC-511056/2019

·
Registered
186 Posts
I saw that on the only XC40 they had at my local dealership. It is an extra part that attaches to the normal spoiler. Everyone has their own preference of what looks good but it didn't do it for me. The XC40 they had on the floor was identical to mine... very odd coincidence. Anyway, it's not horrible, but I didn't care for it all that much. As I recall, the price on the window sticker said $450 or $495. Noooo thanks.

:nono:

·
Registered
447 Posts
I saw that on the only XC40 they had at my local dealership. It is an extra part that attaches to the normal spoiler. Everyone has their own preference of what looks good but it didn't do it for me. The XC40 they had on the floor was identical to mine... very odd coincidence. Anyway, it's not horrible, but I didn't care for it all that much. As I recall, the price on the window sticker said $450 or $495. Noooo thanks.

TASCA PARTS pricing:
List Price:
$359.07
You Save:
$68.76 (19% off)
Sale Price:
$290.31
Actually replaces factory spoiler.
The roof spoiler replaces the car's original roof spoiler. Its upper section is color coordinated with the car's exterior color and the bottom is black. It also features an integrated brake light and the necessary washer nozzle.

·
Registered
170 Posts
My standard R Design rear screen spoiler imo already looks pretty neat & chunky, so the replacement part for just a little extra bit seems expensive aesthetically.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Hmmm.. It looks like (in the photo) that the painted wing portion looks deeper than stock, then it has the winglets.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Hmmm.. It looks like (in the photo) that the painted wing portion looks deeper than stock, then it has the winglets.
I suppose it could be an entirely new complete spoiler assembly. From my perspective, it looks like something they just stuck on to the standard spoiler. In any case, if it looks good to you go for it! :)

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I suppose it could be an entirely new complete spoiler assembly. From my perspective, it looks like something they just stuck on to the standard spoiler. In any case, if it looks good to you go for it! :)
I wish I could see it live before pulling the trigger.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts