SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know given the performance of this sedan, dedicated summer tires and dedicated winter tires (for those us who live in areas which experience snow and ice in winter) are ideal.
However, I am curious if anyone here is running UHP all season tires on their Polestar? (e.g. Michelin Pilot A/S 3+ or Continental DWS 06).
I guess (if I get a Polestar), I will probably use the OEM 20" summers and get a second set of wheels & tires for winter - i.e. 19 wheels with winter tires (or 'performance winter' tires like Michelin Alpin PA4 or PA5).

STS / Mavis near me charges only $20 to swap my winter and summer tires on my current car (VII generation Golf R). Never had any issues with STS and they are very close, but wondering how much Volvo dealers charge?

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
I know given the performance of this sedan, dedicated summer tires and dedicated winter tires (for those us who live in areas which experience snow and ice in winter) are ideal.
However, I am curious if anyone here is running UHP all season tires on their Polestar? (e.g. Michelin Pilot A/S 3+ or Continental DWS 06).
I guess (if I get a Polestar), I will probably use the OEM 20" summers and get a second set of wheels & tires for winter - i.e. 19 wheels with winter tires (or 'performance winter' tires like Michelin Alpin PA4 or PA5).

STS / Mavis near me charges only $20 to swap my winter and summer tires on my current car (VII generation Golf R). Never had any issues with STS and they are very close, but wondering how much Volvo dealers charge?
I'm running Pirelli AS tires on my V60 P* with no problems at all.
https://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?545642-19x8-5-OZ-SUPERTURISMO-LM

·
Registered
233 Posts
My S60 Polestar is my daily driver and I live in the Northeast. I run 245/35-20 Continental DWS06 year-round and have had no issues. However, when it comes time to replace them, I will be going with Michelin Pilot Sport A/S3+ (which were not available at the time I bought the Conti's). I had them installed at Mavis Tire and was pleased with the service and the price.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My S60 Polestar is my daily driver and I live in the Northeast. I run 245/35-20 Continental DWS06 year-round and have had no issues. However, when it comes time to replace them, I will be going with Michelin Pilot Sport A/S3+ (which were not available at the time I bought the Conti's). I had them installed at Mavis Tire and was pleased with the service and the price.
Thanks!
Any issues with pot holes with the 20 inch rims in winter?

PS: I also used Mavis for my Golf R switching summer to winter wheels/tires every 6 months (before I traded it in) and was also happy. Also depends on location no doubt.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts