SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm assuming that the chips that PES-tuning sells are from Garrett Liam, given that Garrett has done so much of the tuning for PES. <P>And I'm somewhat curious to see if anyone's got figures on the mechanics for ANY of the s40 chips, i.e. boost levels, EGT's with the chip. The TME people seem to imply that changing boost is not enough and the whole ECU's program should be optimized, but those prices are more than I can justify for a computer upgrade.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Joe,<P> Stock boost pressure in the 2001 S40 is 8.3psi , I will be doing the boost controller and blow-off valve next week and possibly getting the car back on the dyno week after, check out <A HREF="http://www.classiccats.cc/s40project.html" TARGET=_blank>www.classiccats.cc/s40project.html</A> for updates, the PES chip should be in in about three weeks. <P>And yes, this is correct, the proper way to tune the car is to adjust boost pressure and then have whoever is modifying the coding in the chip make the appropriate changes in the code to compensate for the new changes in boost pressure.<P>There is another guy named Anthony who I think may have already installed his PES chip, he had been waiting for it for a while now. Anthony if you see this, did you get your chip yet???<P>Carlos<BR>2001 Volvo S40 "Volvo for life"

1 - 2 of 2 Posts