SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I've finally moved back to Fort Lauderdale. The commute back and forth to Jacksonville, FL was getting a bit ridiculous. I'm reaching out to all my fellow R owners. I need a reliable local mechanic and I have a few mods that I am planning on completing once I have time mid July. SFL owners reveal yourselves!!!!!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I guess I'm the only one out here 馃槪

Registered
There are a few of us in Tampa/Lakeland/Sarasota. I don't know anyone near you though, sorry. Maybe you should move here?

Registered
RichNomad doesn't check his messages. Offered him several times to visit when he was in Jacksonville, never got a reply. Did a ton of work - he could have gotten more familiar with his car better here!

Registered
Anyone want to road trip up to Tampa to assist in a ViVA FMIC install in my garage? Beer, pizza and strippers* available.

*lies

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There are a few of us in Tampa/Lakeland/Sarasota. I don't know anyone near you though, sorry. Maybe you should move here?
Perhaps I should!!!!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Im in Boca/Delray. There arent to many of us here haha. I do commute back and forth to Sarasota too!
Are you really? I just moved back to Coral Springs. Know any decent mechanics out here?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
RichNomad doesn't check his messages. Offered him several times to visit when he was in Jacksonville, never got a reply. Did a ton of work - he could have gotten more familiar with his car better here!
Now that you say that, I am just now seeing your messages. I am so sorry. Because of my job I'm gone weeks at a time. I'm usually only on here in between flights.... So sorry I missed out in all those opportunities.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm in Miami, however I do most of the of work on my car myself.
I hear you. I'm ordering a DICE soon so perhaps I will get under the hood soon after.

Registered
Hi, You are not alone in S FL. I live in Aventura, original owner 2004 V70R MT 130,000 miles. I would have sold my ride years ago but came across a great mechanic who use to work at the Volvo Dealer. It only because of him I am keeping the car that I am so fond of. His name is Doron at Davie Motors 954-236-5500. He owns a small garage in Davie, very experienced on the R cars and has worked on Volvos for over 15 years. Mention you got the phone number from Jay and get a great deal to boot. Also if you are interested, not far from his garage, in the Tower Shopping ctr is a huge car show every Friday night, exotics and hot rods. It would be fun to organize a "R" section in this show :)

Registered
Hi, You are not alone in S FL. I live in Aventura, original owner 2004 V70R MT 130,000 miles. I would have sold my ride years ago but came across a great mechanic who use to work at the Volvo Dealer. It only because of him I am keeping the car that I am so fond of. His name is Doron at Davie Motors 954-236-5500. He owns a small garage in Davie, very experienced on the R cars and has worked on Volvos for over 15 years. Mention you got the phone number from Jay and get a great deal to boot. Also if you are interested, not far from his garage, in the Tower Shopping ctr is a huge car show every Friday night, exotics and hot rods. It would be fun to organize a "R" section in this show :)
I can vouch for him too. I trained with Doron when I first started working for Volvo in 05. He is the best there is. Very up front and honest.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thank you. I'm going to stop by there tomorrow morning.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I stopped by the shop today.... Met Doron, very nice guy. I will definitely do business with him in the near future.

Registered
I wish. I'm originally from S Fla, wish I could move back. The R has made the trip though; all the way down to Miami. I had to show her my home...

Registered
I usually am just a browser on this forum and don't like to make post but i would like to vouch for Doron as well. I knew him when he worked at the Volvo dealership and was the only mechanic that i let touch my S60R. He is a very skilled and knowledgeable mechanic that is very trustworthy and honest. He explains everything that he is doing and will not lead you on on parts that you do not need. He set up a great website at www.daviemotors.com which has all his information. If you have an "R" he is the mechanic your you!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I usually am just a browser on this forum and don't like to make post but i would like to vouch for Doron as well. I knew him when he worked at the Volvo dealership and was the only mechanic that i let touch my S60R. He is a very skilled and knowledgeable mechanic that is very trustworthy and honest. He explains everything that he is doing and will not lead you on on parts that you do not need. He set up a great website at www.daviemotors.com which has all his information. If you have an "R" he is the mechanic your you!
I agree he is very honest. I have spoken to him twice. I had an appointment today for an oil change and inspection. Unfortunately I was stock at work and had to jump on a flight soon after. He will definitely be my mechanic for My R.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts