SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
99 T5M, replaced ETM with a Sacer-ified unit prepared by ARD and it's not getting power. (Engine-side harness does not have voltage, ETM responds to 12V across pins 5 and 6 but does nothing when I switch the car on, I have 12V at the fuse.)

I see these two sneaky piggies hanging out without friends. I see 12V across 4 of the pins on one of them so at least that one seems important. I just can't find anything to connect it to. Might be something hidden under the intake manifold, and I'll drop it again if I have to, but I'd rather avoid it. That banjo bolt, you know.

Any ideas? Thanks a bunch!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The gray connector is 24/71 wire 4 in the wiring diagram, which supplies power to the engine-side ETM harness. I'm a total dummy for not noticing that when looking at the diagram earlier. Still don't know what the red connector is, but at least this should fix my ETM power problem once I find the other end of the connector.

·
Registered
271 Posts
1st pic is the car harness side of the ETM connector

2nd pic may be a headlight wiper connector

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It was the power connector for ETM/probably fuel and spark as well, because I don't think I was getting those. Looks similar to the ETM connector, but smaller.

I had tucked it away where I couldn't see it, and consequently I entered 100% freakout mode. Car drives great with the new ETM!

·
Registered
6,565 Posts
It was the power connector for ETM/probably fuel and spark as well, because I don't think I was getting those. Looks similar to the ETM connector, but smaller.

I had tucked it away where I couldn't see it, and consequently I entered 100% freakout mode. Car drives great with the new ETM!
Car won't add fuel/spark unless it has some idea about throttle position...

·
Registered
17,310 Posts
Car won't add fuel/spark unless it has some idea about throttle position...
Precisely. Correct wiring is a must.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts