SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone purchased Eurosport's exhaust system for an 850 Turbo? Were you happy with the quality of the work? I'm thinking of buying a system soon but would prefer to wait and hear back from anyone who may've purchased one recently. I'd be interested to know how good the welding and overall workmanship is on their systems. Where are they made? Do they have decent delivery times?

Eurosport sells upgraded ECU for a little bit cheaper if you purchase both exhaust and ECU as a package...quoted at $429.00 for exhaust and $499.00 for RICA ECU. Has anyone ever had issues with RICA ECU's? Why is RICA cheaper than IPD's ECU?

IPD advertises their upgrade ECU's for $695.00 and exhaust system for $625.00..........What Tuning places should I stay away from?

Thanks! Much appreciated.....

95 T5R

Modified by josejimenez5 at 7:40 PM 3-23-2009

Modified by josejimenez5 at 7:42 PM 3-23-2009

·
Registered
175 Posts
got there exhaust for my 850 last year. Was on back order so delivery took a while but was always given a heads up on what was gong on.

When i received it I had no complaints and it fit like a glove. Quality was top notch as well

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
The initial quality of the EST system is great. Mandrel bends are clean with no stretching or pinching, and it fits together like a glove, no fitment issues whatsoever. However, it's not true stainless steel, and will have surface rust within a year. Nobody has reported failures of any kind yet, so this is mostly a cosmetic drawback. It's coming from Oakville Ontario so if you live in the states it'll take a bit longer (was on my doorstep the next day but I live in Ontario as wel). And Frank is a great guy. Responds to emails very quickly and he's usually always there to answer the phone.

Just a FYI, don't even bother installing the rear resonator. The system sounds MUCH better with a straight pipe instead.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Re: (Wagoneer)

"The system sounds MUCH better with a straight pipe instead. "

Much better how? Quieter? I have one of these systems that I bought during last years sale. There is a nasty resonance about 2k rpm that I find very annoying. I think it is louder at 2k than at full throttle.

Pleze elaborate.

Thanx much.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.