SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just placed an order for a set of S60 lowering springs (I'll post before and after pictures in a few weeks)with S.A.M.

They take credit card orders via fax and I curious if anyone else here has ordered from them. If so, please comment on the delivery time.

Thnx

4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OK just got my answer. UPS just called and said they were clearing the parts through customs and I should have them on Monday.

That's pretty good...I ordered them via fax on Wednesday evening and they'll be here on Monday.

I'll have the springs in by the 9th and I will post pictures so we can all see how the car looks

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
It looks like you might be one of the first people in the US to have a modified S60!
I can't wait to see how it turns out!

-Drew

4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well you know my Dilemma...I'm hoping it's not going to be too low. "Too-low" to me is a car that has been noticeably dropped. And in turn the appearance has been cheapened. I should add I'm doing this strictly for aesthetics and I'm not desirous of any handling improvements (I'll get some…but that's not what I'm after)

With a full 3" of gap between the lip of the fender well and my tire I'm thinking the 1.25" drop that these springs provide might be just right. The car to me right now looks like it's on stilts.

I had an Audi that I lowered an 1.25" (w/17" wheels) and that car didn't really look as though it had been lowered, it just looked "right" And in turn garnered a lot of compliments.

That's what I'm looking for with the S60, I want the car to look sporty, but not cheap. At the same time I'd like to think that the ride-quality will not be compromised too much. S.A.M. says I won't be; we'll see.

Well here I am the SwedeSpeed S60 spring guinea-pig...I'll provide a full report of my impressions as soon as possible.

Now why doesn't someone buy a performance ECU from these guys and report back

·
Registered
528 Posts
Man, I'm looking forward to pictures of it too! Plus, I'm always impressed when anybody figures out how to spell guinea pig!

- Darell

·
Registered
6 Posts
I would love to try the ECU upgrade but my wife would never allow me to do that. Especially since I have to pick up the little one everyday.

Oh well...I can always dream!

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
S4-to-S60,

Based on the final numbers, (shipping, taxes, etc...), is it cheaper to get parts directly from S.A.M. or get them from Coyote Motorsports in the US? You don't have to provide any numbers, as I am just trying to get an overall impression. Thanks!

-Drew

·
Registered
128 Posts
"CH7656" is back (I got my pass-word to work again).

Drew I think it's probably cheaper to go to S.A.M. direct. The price that Coyote quoted me was higher then the converted rate from buying direct from S.A.M. And as far as shipping, for the springs, (weight 24lbs.) it was $12.72 and took 4 days to get here (they arrived this morning).
At this point I don't see what "value-add" Coyote offers. As far as I can tell they're just acting as a middle man. In fact when I first started on my quest for lowering springs, I contacted Coyote and he said the springs would be coming to me direct from Sweden. I now interpret that to mean that he would simply be placing an order w/S.A.M. and having S.A.M. ship directly to me.

Chris

·
Registered
128 Posts
Last I spoke with IPD (about a month ago). They didn't have any springs available for the S60. And said they wouldn't have anything for some time. I am quite comfortable purchasing from S.A.M. given their long-standing reputation as a quality company.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts