SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,749 Posts
My dealer called me aprox. half an hour ago. They said my acceleration issue has been repaired (gas pedal unit replaced) and other work completed (recalls, updates, map update and CarPlay) and tested so the car is ready for pickup. I can't make it out tonight to pick it up so I told them I will be there when they open 7:30 am tomorrow morning.

Wish me luck all!

·
Registered
381 Posts
My dealer called me aprox. half an hour ago. They said my acceleration issue has been repaired (gas pedal unit replaced) and other work completed (recalls, updates, map update and CarPlay) and tested so the car is ready for pickup. I can't make it out tonight to pick it up so I told them I will be there when they open 7:30 am tomorrow morning.

Wish me luck all!
Wait, so have they fixed the issues with the update that caused them to halt it?

·
Super Moderator
3,749 Posts
Wait, so have they fixed the issues with the update that caused them to halt it?
I had brought my vehicle in yesterday morning at 7:30am. They had told me yesterday that updates were completed, part was coming in today. Earlier today I was told part came in but needs to be installed and then a download needs to be done but systems were down. I didn't get into which download exactly. He did mention he wanted to check, though doubtful, if there was any specific software that belongs to the gas pedal unit. When he called aprox. 3:30pm EST and said it was all ready I didn't begin asking more questions other than to mention I could not come today so I'll be there first thing in the morning.

I'll inquire more before leaving to see what may have been up/what he heard, if anything. I may drive around the dealership a bit, starting and stopping, cycling on and off before heading home as the dealership isn't exactly close to my home and involves a $10 toll to get to. I'd hate to have happen what happened to another user where today their car started but with no screens lighting up and required a tow. :/

·
Registered
381 Posts
I'll inquire more before leaving to see what may have been up/what he heard, if anything. I may drive around the dealership a bit, starting and stopping, cycling on and off before heading home as the dealership isn't exactly close to my home and involves a $10 toll to get to. I'd hate to have happen what happened to another user where today their car started but with no screens lighting up and required a tow. :/
Well, I know that is the reason that they halted the updates. Interesting that Volvo has not told all dealerships to not let customers take the cars home until given the all-clear when they are sure that all dealerships are installing the correct updates.

Unless they have already figured it all out in the last hour or so..

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just picked up my car after 2 days, no update. System was down and they are waiting for another bulletin from volvo

·
Registered
22 Posts
I too just picked up my ride with no update, but the windows are clean. I emailed Volvo about the update. Here is the response I was given:

Hello ****,
Thank you for contacting us. At this time, the software has not yet been released. We are still working on perfecting it and are hoping it will be released later this week. Please let us know if you have any further questions.
Kind Regards,
Volvo Customer Care
Volvo Cars of North America, LLC

·
Registered
381 Posts
I too just picked up my ride with no update, but the windows are clean. I emailed Volvo about the update. Here is the response I was given:

Hello ****,
Thank you for contacting us. At this time, the software has not yet been released. We are still working on perfecting it and are hoping it will be released later this week. Please let us know if you have any further questions.
Kind Regards,
Volvo Customer Care
Volvo Cars of North America, LLC
The fact that a forum user named "Paradox" was given his car back with the rogue update in contradiction to this response is pretty darned ironic.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I don't want to get in a situation were we comment on forum members, but this once I will say that Paradox and citivas contribute good information.

What concerns me is that Volvo has botched this update and it has given me a vote of no confidence in their ability to get something right. I have had many of the software issues noted by other in this forum. Just last night the sensus system completely rebooted on my drive home, twice. They published the update information on their website stating Nov 23rd, and that didn't happen for several of us on the forum. Whether this was a corrupt file or buggy system they simply did not test the roll out properly (IMO).

·
Registered
419 Posts
I wrote this elsewhere.

I commented earlier that I was holding off until January, later if problems popped up. My wonderful dealer is not ready to schedule any software updates My understanding is that Volvo corporate does not have this update completely under control. I do not know personally if this is true, but I recommend waiting even if there are reports of successful updates until enough time has passed to fully evaluate what is happening.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Count me in as one of the people who picked up their car today without the update being installed. The service guy said Volvo sent them this ....

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Anyone out there that succesfully upgraded their sensus?? (November update + ...

I had an update appt for tomorrow. My dealer canceled the appt, saying " there is a compatibility issue between the update and Volvo maps, so they have put the update on hold until that is fixed. I will know something by the end of the day." The end of day came and he said it has not been resolved. Updates are currently on hold.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
3,749 Posts
All very interesting, thanks for everyone sharing what they are being told and also shown. I will be having a discussion with my dealer tomorrow before actually leaving with my vehicle to understand what was/is going on with the software and why it is they are prepared to give me my car back. Last thing I need, or anyone else for that matter, is to get stuck somewhere on thanksgiving day.

If I find out anything new ill be sure to share here.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
The fact that a forum user named "Paradox" was given his car back with the rogue update in contradiction to this response is pretty darned ironic.
Keep in mind Paradox's software was installed BEFORE they figured out they had a problem. And he hasn't driven the car since. So he may still encounter the same problems the other user who got the upgrade Monday did where it worked at first then bricked his screen the next day. In any event, it's no mystery how he got it installed -- they didn't shut down the installs until today, so some Monday people squeaked by first.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Count me in as one of the people who picked up their car today without the update being installed. The service guy said Volvo sent them this ....

You should post this in all the strands that are dedicated to the update. This is proof positive that there is a significant issue, which does not preclude the possibility that if this issues is resolved that another will not appear. Initial software updates are notoriously unreliable.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Keep in mind Paradox's software was installed BEFORE they figured out they had a problem. And he hasn't driven the car since. So he may still encounter the same problems the other user who got the upgrade Monday did where it worked at first then bricked his screen the next day. In any event, it's no mystery how he got it installed -- they didn't shut down the installs until today, so some Monday people squeaked by first.
Ok... But they put a halt to updating the same software in other cars, yet as of now they are prepared to send him riding away with the first iteration update. I guess i just don't get it? Why should it matter if it bricks his screen on startup or not?

·
Registered
88 Posts
All very interesting, thanks for everyone sharing what they are being told and also shown. I will be having a discussion with my dealer tomorrow before actually leaving with my vehicle to understand what was/is going on with the software and why it is they are prepared to give me my car back. Last thing I need, or anyone else for that matter, is to get stuck somewhere on thanksgiving day.

If I find out anything new ill be sure to share here.
This makes me really nervous, we were considering buying a new XC90 as my wife's primary driver, but our local dealer is an hour away, we live in BFE Michigan, their service/sales dept has never been great. No loaners. Certainly not a place I want to frequent. With these sorts of issues, I'm getting the vibe that this may be a vehicle left best for those who live close to an awesome dealer, who use this as a secondary vehicle, or just to wait a year or so until the kinds are worked out. Ugh. We need to buy something within a month or two. Might have to shop some other alternatives :/

·
Registered
126 Posts
I had the same concerns. I finally pulled the trigger and I'm happy with the stock software. No bugs so far. I will eventually go to my dealer to update the software but I will be patient.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I had the new update installed yesterday. I first took delivery of my XC90 in October via the OSD program. The car arrived at our dealer Nov 25. As an OSD it only had European maps installed and the service folks at my dealer recommended installing the update at the same time they load the US maps database. So far so good with the update, but I was not experiencing some of the glitches others had reported on the previous version. The voice commands are still hit or miss as mentioned by several on this forum. The update seems stable from my perspective, but it's only been a day and about 100 miles of driving since the update.

·
Registered
673 Posts
So the update is officially "back on"?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts