SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2006 AWD T5 hit the lot today, went in hoping for a spoiler but got brakes! 320mm rotors, dust shields and calipers - is there anything I’m missing that all need for the front brake swap? Also met a local YouTuber who helped me out with removing the wheels which was cool, convinced him to take the roof racks as they’d be easy to sale ... then immediately realized I also could have taken said roof racks but realized this was karma helping us both out, Check out his channel RobertDYI. Went in with everything except money so I’ll be returning tomorrow, hopefully my stash of brakes and weather floor mats goes un noticed.

Does anyone need any loose hardware while I’m there? Nuts, bolts, clips, clamps. The heater core o-ring clips are like $15 bucks new, I’ll be getting both of those just pay postage

Few question...
I noticed this has a speaker in the center console, can I put that in my car? - Yes, But boards say its not worth the work.
this has OEM HID lights, is there anyway to retrofit the insides into a face lift lamp?
Fog light covers don’t change between pre and post facelift do they? - Yes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
RobertDIY is awesome. When I first read that you met a local YouTuber I was actually wondering if it was RobertDYI before you confirmed it.

I wish this were a FL S40 because I'm looking to change my door internals.

Sorry idk the answers to your questions. The center speaker indicates premium sound though doesn't it?

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, very nice guy and it was interesting getting some insight on Youtube money and dealing with trolls in real life. After some investigating, it seems installing the center speaker is not worth the work, however would installing the premium sound AMP be an upgrade for me?

·
Registered
16,854 Posts
Pretty sure it’s robert DIY like do it yourself. Super nice dude. He came all the way to Carlisle last year in his yellow t5r 854.

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
Could I possibly get the engine dampener pad that attaches to the underside of the hood and it's associated attachment thingys? I can pay for the shipping to get it here to Colorado Springs.

Honestly I want the whole front bumper assembly from where the bumper attaches to the frame on forward (including ducts for the vents, bumper rail, bumper rail padding, and fascia cover), but I feel that's a rather tall order.

That being said I enjoy spending time in the junkyard myself, and we have least 6 2006 S40's in the LKQ Self-Pull lot here, so there's probably a lot more for the years, so if anyone needs some parts, I need some post work destress time, and I now work right next to the junkyard which is even better. HMU.

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
under hood heatshield is 5.99 so just plan for 20 to have it shipped with clips do you also need the battery air funnel? If you want the bumper i can get it for a little under $50 then ship it via fedex for pretty cheap, you would just need to pick it up at the terminal to get said deal. You in Denver right? could have it there over night.

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
1 - 9 of 9 Posts