SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know which S60 year/model this glass headlight lens is from? Supposed to be for an R but it is different from the lens on my '06 SR. Notice the upright lines in the replacement glass go all the way around the corner of the lens (including over the amber area of the headlight unit) but the original has a clear section over the amber area.

Is this from an older R or another S60 model?

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Are there lines in front of the hid headlight bulb? Because I think you want one with no lines infront of the bulb.

That looks like a normal s60 headlight glass to me.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Not sure. Never seen that other than on a regular S60, though the T5. The upper model had clear lenses on both estates and sedans with Xenon package, also on Euro model. So it is prob not an R anyway. Could be used for one though. The R has only the ribs where yours are: corner parking light.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is the Scandix model (OEM) from the R headlight replacement threads. Part number 1019118.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What kind of sealant does the factory use that softens up like that when heated? Can you buy this at the local parts store (generic version)?

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So my project tonight was to remove the damaged glass headlight lens (Volvo) and prep the headlight assembly for the new glass. Had to sit and pick out pieces of glass that were stuck at various places along the bottom of the assembly.

To remove the lens I put the whole assembly in the oven for 10 minutes (200F) and was able to easily pry it off with a bone tool and use a razor blade to help cut the sealant as it pulled away.

What kind of sealant is this that softens when heated to allow for easy removal/install? If I use regular silicone to re-seal I'm not sure I'd be able to get it apart easily again if it got damaged in the future.

Can you buy this type of headlight sealant at places like CT?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts