SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes I tried search and google, had someone ask me if I knew what it was but never really noticed it honestly. It shows as "CT" in the diagnosis tab underneath the CEM and outside the car, and is unavailable to click. He told me he clicked it and it hid some other modules that were bold?

Also as a side note, anyone know what the antenna light ring code I have is for?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
8,055 Posts
Bad pump is shorting our your DEM which is also causing communication failures with it. Better fix that soon before that pump kills your DEM which isn't cheap to fix.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah the pump is intermittent, and on about 20% of the time so not shot yet anyways.. I have fluid and a sensor I am going to try when I take my car to a buddies to put on winter tires, hd spring seats, strut mounts, and engine mounts, and get it all done at once. If the fresh fluid and sensor doesn't work I know someone with a pump for $150 that ill pick up. Any idea on the CEM code? I have had that on and off since I've had the car.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've never had the antenna code nor am I familiar with it, so I was leaving that one for someone else to chime in on, lol.
No problem lol, worth a shot. I'm getting closer to getting the caR code-less! :partywave:

·
Registered
239 Posts
i got the light ring one to. IIRC you can click on them for details and it brings up an explanation. I believe its when the interior lights come on from entering after remote entry there is supposed to be a little glowing light ring around the keyhole. Bop around in the menus a bit and try double clicking it. It brought up a diagram and everything.

EDIT:
In the details i believe it also tells you when the code was thrown and if its no longer a problem how long its been since its been thrown.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Antenna ring faults are common. My VIDA displays them on almost every car I scan. The antenna ring is basically the end cap on the ignition lock cylinder. Its the antenna used to pick up the key transponder code and allows drive authorization from the immobilizer. If the immobilizer can't read they key, then no drive authorization, basically the engine won't crank. If your engine cranks every time and there are no immobilizer messages that pop up briefly in the DIM, I wouldn't worry too much. My VIDA seems to condemn every antenna ring it sees but they all seem to work.

·
Registered
43 Posts
The antenna ring message popped up on my parents XC90 after they replaced the ignition. When the dealer was replacing it they forgot to plug something back in that made the ring around your key light up as well as powered the antenna for the key transponders. The car would still start normally.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Antenna ring faults are common. My VIDA displays them on almost every car I scan. The antenna ring is basically the end cap on the ignition lock cylinder. Its the antenna used to pick up the key transponder code and allows drive authorization from the immobilizer. If the immobilizer can't read they key, then no drive authorization, basically the engine won't crank. If your engine cranks every time and there are no immobilizer messages that pop up briefly in the DIM, I wouldn't worry too much. My VIDA seems to condemn every antenna ring it sees but they all seem to work.
Good explanation here, I figured it had something to do with the light ring around the key and checked it, it does still light up and I don't have any momentary messages on the dash at startup, so I guess I will just have to ignore it. I learned about the immobilizer one time I dropped my key in a parking lot and it exploded... tried to start it with just the key part and no go, had to sit there for a half hour and figure out how to piece the key back together to get home!

Pull the fuse for the DEM NOW!
I have gone about 7 months myself without pulling it with this problem and the PO has gone who knows how long without. But I do understand why I should and probably will today until I get the parts on. Id rather not need to have it rebuilt.

Bop around in the menus a bit and try double clicking it. It brought up a diagram and everything.
I will have to poke around more for a diagram for it and maybe check to see if everything is connected properly. I guess I didn't look hard enough, VIDA is like a puzzle lol.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts