SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

My OEM volvo nuts are quite stiff and need to be heated up every time when my alignment guy does it. I'd rather replace them as he's suggested I do over the last few years. I changed my tie rod ends but the new tie rod ends (meyel HDs) didn't come with new jam nuts.

I know you need a grade 8 nut, and as long as the pitch, thread and rough size are the same it's useable. Is there one out there for another car I can buy seperately? Does anyone have spares they bought form a hardware store that they know the size of?

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
For reference, looking for the nut at the end of this tie rod, and the size of this bloody thing:

·
Registered
4,372 Posts
I bought some at the hardware store. They were even the correct 1/2 height jam nut. Let me look at my stash or I can go back & buy some more for you.

16 x 1.5 I believe.

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I bought some at the hardware store. They were even the correct 1/2 height jam nut. Let me look at my stash or I can go back & buy some more for you.

16 x 1.5 I believe.
Ya that'd be great. Please let me know. If you could dump a few in an envelope and ship that'd be awesome.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts