SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need some new plugs for my 01 T5. Anyone know of some plugs i can get to get a little extra preformance? Also, anyone know a website i can buy them from. I mean i can get the normal volvo ones for $45 but other than that idk about any other plugs that wil work, because the owners manual is confusing when it comes to which plugs will work.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Re: Anyone know of spark plugs that can give me a little extra preformace? (swedeman)

A lot of people on here just say to go with the Volvo plugs because they work the best. Pulstar plugs are supposed to be pretty good at boosting HP but I don't think anyone has used them in their S60's yet, but from what I've read they work really well in turbo vehicles. As far as a place to buy them try Ebay, I always see them on there brand new for what looks like reasonable prices.

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Re: Anyone know of spark plugs that can give me a little extra preformace? (swedeman)

Just get a set of fresh factory plugs... Look into different avenues for performance like... Intake, Exhaust, R exhaust manifold, downpipe, ecu upgrade. I tried different than stock plugs on both my volvos one time each... Both times got the same result... They ran like Poo...
Went and got some fresh Volvo plugs and ran like a champ
I don't know why the gap was set and all... It just didn't like my choices I guess... Good Luck http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Anyone know of spark plugs that can give me a little extra preformace? (kmg_S60R)

that makes sense then thanks. I will order some factory plugs. Does anyone know how tough of a job it would be to install a R exhaust manifold on my car, and what type of increase i would be getting with that? And will that match right up with my current exhaust?

·
Registered
2,165 Posts

You should be able to find one on Ebay for about $300.00 or less. Check the forum wanted section too. For all other components like gaskets, and seals go here: http://www.ipdusa.com/Volvo-S6...1860/ A competent exhaust / performance shop should be able to do it in less than two hours... If you got a downpipe those two installed together would save you some money and the power...
http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
497 Posts
Re: Anyone know of spark plugs that can give me a little extra preformace? (chillidawg)

Quote, originally posted by chillidawg »
A lot of people on here just say to go with the Volvo plugs because they work the best. Pulstar plugs are supposed to be pretty good at boosting HP but I don't think anyone has used them in their S60's yet, but from what I've read they work really well in turbo vehicles. As far as a place to buy them try Ebay, I always see them on there brand new for what looks like reasonable prices.

I've read a lot of bad things about Pulstar. Seems they work good at first, then eat the engine.

·
Registered
17,015 Posts
Volvo Plugs or nothing

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.