SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all,

My 2018 XC60 is making buzzing noises from the heads up display bezel. The dealer confirmed that it's coming from there but refuses to do anything about it. They want $350 to fix it. I found the part number (32277096) but want to see if anyone knows how to remove it?

Here's the diagram (number 8):

9767492-2T.jpg

Cheers!

Mike

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If its a 2018 car isnt it still under warranty. The dealer should be obliged to fix it.
It is a 2018 and is under warranty but they’re saying it’s normal wear and tear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
It is a 2018 and is under warranty but they’re saying it’s normal wear and tear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Try a different and high volume selling dealer, they might have a different opinion and help you out

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have a similar problem - the display bezel rattles when it's cold outside.
It's very annoying. I can't really see any screws that hold it in place. I think it just snaps in but I don't want to break anything. Hoping someone has VIDA available to check this out real quick.

·
Registered
99 Posts
What part of it wears out? Contact Volvo.

·
Registered
6,205 Posts
Maybe just try to stick some clear tape or squeeze a little sticky gel under the bezel if the rattling is from there.

·
Registered
766 Posts
This is not wear and tear. The dealer has an obligation to fix it under warranty.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Ask to meet at the dealership with the factory rep. That person will cut through any warranty issues. Dealerships dislike factory rep attention - it's a negative in customer service.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
This is not wear and tear. The dealer has an obligation to fix it under warranty.
Unfortunately Volvos "adjustment" period for squees and rattles is 1 year/12,000 miles. That makes this car out of warranty for this specific complaint, and Volvo is not obligated to fix it for free. However, that doesn't mean a dealer won't help you out via goodwill or other options. Just wanted to make sure people understand the warranty for a noise at this point isn't for 4/50,000 miles in all circumstances.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts