SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone taken a look at this S60R for sale by Selden Motors in Pennsylvania?

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detai...aId=449448122&tracktype=usedcc&aff=national#0

I'm wondering what mods you guys think it has. I don't recognize that exhaust or the wheels and I dislike both of them, but it is low mileage with atacama and that's attractive even if the price seems too high. I'm a bit worried about what I'm not seeing given the wheels and exhaust though. Any opinions? I doubt I'm lucky enough that someone here has actually checked this car out in person but I figured it was worth a try.

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
Has anyone taken a look at this S60R for sale by Selden Motors in Pennsylvania?[/url]

... I dislike both of them.
Looks like it has an Evolve cat-back exhaust; if that is the case it might also have a downpipe, but there are no intake or other engine bay mods so I doubt it.

Left front rim has a big bend in the outer lip (third picture from bottom in right column, lower right side of rim), so deduct the cost of 4 new rims from sale price when making an offer.

They've gooped it with Armourall inside, and a thick coat of wax outside, so the exterior may not be as good as it looks (wax can hide a lot). But, it is a fairly low mileage, so if you are lucky it might just be as good as it looks.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I saw a couple things odd (like how shiny the seats were) but didn't know what it meant. I was wondering if that was an evolve exhaust, the mouth is the right shape but it looks like it's hanging really low. Then again I'm used to seeing it on cars with the factory body kit so that's probably part of why it looks odd. I'm glad the engine bay is stock, it looked like it but I really don't know Rs well enough to tell that from a photo without doing a side by side comparison.

Thank you, if I do decide to check out this car in person at least I know a few more things to look for. Too bad it's almost 300 miles away.

·
Registered
13,496 Posts
Good thing one of the wheels is bent as they're pretty hideous and should be replaced. That exhaust could be a one-off job. That said, the interior looks pretty clean. 99% of the ads for these cars have the front bumper shot taken at such an angle as to hide the typical droopy bumper situation.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I can actually tell you a little about this car. I work at a dealership and when I was looking for an R last November this is the one I found and tracked it from here on the auction site. It has been to 4 different dealerships from Maimi to two of them in the town it is now. It has been passed around since at least last November. I almost bought this one but it was on a truck going to another dealer ;)

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I can actually tell you a little about this car. I work at a dealership and when I was looking for an R last November this is the one I found and tracked it from here on the auction site. It has been to 4 different dealerships from Maimi to two of them in the town it is now. It has been passed around since at least last November. I almost bought this one but it was on a truck going to another dealer ;)
Interesting. Sounds like there's probably something wrong with it.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Those are pretty ugly wheels on it Makes you wonder why they were put on there. I guess to each his own...

Sent from my rooted, rommed Galaxy Nexus....

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well thanks for the help guys but I talked to them and they're not flexible enough on price for me anyway. Pity, I would love to have atacama.

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
Well thanks for the help guys but I talked to them and they're not flexible enough on price for me anyway. Pity, I would love to have atacama.
Its not all that. Theres one like it listed on portland oregon craigslist. Itd been on there forever so iam sure could get a good deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
586 Posts
Its not all that. Theres one like it listed on portland oregon craigslist. Itd been on there forever so iam sure could get a good deal.
$17k for a 2004 with almost 70,000 miles!? Lets hope there is some give in the price, otherwise it's a ripoff. Car is worth about $12,500, max.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yeah besides I don't want anything older than '06 as I'd prefer an automatic (yeah, I know, I'm nuts) and for reliability reasons.

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Buy my 06, it's PERFECT needs nothing!
100% stock, BRAND new PEGS and tires, 59K miles
60K service done, lots of options but no NAV

1 - 20 of 27 Posts