SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, thanks to MyNameIdeasWereTaken and TheBelgian I decided to order Jag vernderplas rotors. It turns out the machine shop is expensive in small run parts. However If I order a dozen pairs of adapter brackets I can get the price WAY down to the point where rotors plus brackets will be WELL under $100 total. Who is interested? I'm not looking to make a profit on someone elses idea but since I threw the thing in CAD and can have them cranked out in volume, I would much rather pay $40 for a pair of brackets than $120. The price really comes down at around 10 pairs.

Note that I have added 1mm of offset so that the rotor simply needs to be turned evenly on both sides. So, if you have 18" wheels you simply bolt on this adapter and have the Jag rotor turned 2mm on both sides. Done!!!

Proposed bracket can be seen below with two bolt holes for 320mm option (stock 17" wheels) and 330mm option for those with 18" wheels.

Picture of jag rotors from Autozone

Picture of the jag rotor on MyNameIdeasWereTaken's car with TheBelgian adapter installed.

Picture of the rough adapter from TheBelgian sent to MyNameIdeasWereTaken

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
That's not bad at all, with that bracket are you only limited to that specific rotor or Can you use any 320 mm rotor?

"Embody god... Then go crazy"

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
513 Posts
Cool stuff. Unfortunately I won't be running 18" snow tires...ever. :(

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cool stuff. Unfortunately I won't be running 18" snow tires...ever. :(
Thats why there are two sets of holes. So all you would need to do is have the suto parts place turn the rotors and also do a single cut all the way through the rotor 5mm from the edge. Pretty easy.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Thats why there are two sets of holes. So all you would need to do is have the suto parts place turn the rotors and also do a single cut all the way through the rotor 5mm from the edge. Pretty easy.
Sure. But if I go larger in the back I'll just use the Mazda5 bracket...

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Do tell. Im interested in the cheapest mods possible so if the Mazda guys have figured something out..... The google didnt show me this mod.

·
Registered
513 Posts

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's a cool mod. But, it only gets you 302mm not 320 or 330mm as we are discussing here. Not to mention potentially costs MORE than what MyNameIdeasWereTaken did.

Costs per bracket look to be $18 to $30 per bracket (in volumes of 10+) for the adapter above depending on final design. That plus the jag rotors and turning you would end up at around $120 for everything. And bigger brakes.

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
with 17" limitations on the proposed bracket, you're actually only getting a 310mm rotor so 302mm would be worthwhile if it's easier / cheaper.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
I don't understand. How is 330mm - 10mm (5mm off of radius) total NOT 320mm?

The two bracket bolt hole locations are one for 330mm and another for 320mm. That's exactly what my measurements and rendering does.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Revised the bracket design to be 100% certain that there will be no clearance issues with the caliper piston housing. Pricing looks like $28 per aluminum bracket if I order enough for 5 Swedespeed members. Who's in? I just need 4 more folks. Shipping should be less than $5.

I would just have two brackets made up for myself but at just two brackets its about $80 per. So, its a bit pricey for a small run. If nobody wants a set I will just order some aluminium stock and make them myself.

·
Registered
513 Posts
All right all right all right....I'll take a pair if we can get a few more peeps.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
This is a great idea but it wouldn't work for me unfortunately. I've been looking to upgrade to 320mm in the front and was thinking of doing a similar bracket.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Interested!

If... you are willing to ship to the Netherlands?
As long as you pay shipping ;) Actually we may be able to work something out. I found a rebuilt K16 near you that I am interested in.

·
Registered
8 Posts
International trade going on here.

Shipping is on me, of course.

Pm me, and we can work something out. (after my holiday)

·
Super Moderator
15,179 Posts
The 320s fit perfectly under 17" wheels, front 320s can fit under some 16" wheels too, so maybe the rear would fit as well...

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
I am going to make a few suggestions. Take it any way you like.

How's your product liability insurance?
Don't use aluminum, you will get harmonics upon braking.
Don't slot the holes you're asking for trouble.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts