SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I have found such a great deal of info here on this site, I thought I might pass on a goodie to you. I wanted to replace a headlamp lens that had a hole in it, so went out searching for a replacement lens, DOT was fine with me. However, the place that I found them at sent me an E-Code lens instead.

Not that I would complain at all about having the E-Code lens, but they cut me a deal on the other side as well. In Fact, they are selling them for like $70 a pop on eBay. I have seen some pretty aggressive pricing on these all over the place, and nowhere have I found a better deal than this.

Check out eBay item number 1869933392 it is the one I purchased. Now I may be wrong, but this seems like a killer deal on E-Code lenses. Good luck fellas http://********************/smile/embeer.gif

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Anyone interested in a deal on E-Code lights? (xtremepsionic)

Sorry, I forgot to post the web site. http://www.fcpgroton.com/index.htm
As you can see on the eBay auction, if you look closely through the plastic, it's an e-Code lens. I contacted these guys and he said, "they are ALL ecode" No DOT markings, has the angled lens, and is original Volvo OEM Euro lens. Might be a mistake on their part, but I assure you, it is OEM and E-Code

·
Registered
999 Posts
Re: Anyone interested in a deal on E-Code lights? (Ski Brick)

Well, $70 each is a good price, assuming they're really E-code lenses. I got E-codes last winter and they made an extremely big difference. Then, after a HID conversion, it was insane, and I even got rid of my fogs, since I couldn't even tell when they were on.

If you get the E-codes, you'll be pleased.

·
Registered
4,395 Posts

Let us know when you get them on your car.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Anyone interested in a deal on E-Code lights? (Kaizai)

Well, I already put the first one on...I noticed it's being E-Code right when I took it out of the box...and thought, hey, I could just keep it on and get another, if I like it. And I do.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Anyone interested in a deal on E-Code lights? (Kaizai)

I have been toying with the idea of getting the HID's. Do they really make that much of a difference? I mean, you have to spend like $1200 to get highs and lows don't you?

·
Registered
625 Posts

you don't need to get the high beams man

unless you drive out of town a lot. the low beams combined with e-codes will make your lighting atleast 3-4 times better than it is now

·
Registered
63 Posts

I just called Nick at FCP Groton a few minutes ago (877-634-0063)-he verified that the lenses are indeed e-code, and was willing tosell them to me for the eBay price of $69 each. He also said that he only had a few sets left, so any fence-sitters out there should place their orders soon while he still has them in stock. BTW, I have ordered several times from Nick, on and off eBay, and his service is top notch.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Re: Anyone interested in a deal on E-Code lights? (volvofox)

I just emailed him, and he told me that they will be possibly getting in the scantech aftermarket e-code lenses in as well. At the moment only the Volvo OEM ones are E-code, but the Scantechs will be an even better deal at 45 dollars a piece. I think thats a pretty darn good price. Thats all I know for now, and I dont know when he will get these in, or even if this is of any intrest to any of you.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Where I drive, I need the high beams. Mostly rural Montana backroads, lots of deer and elk on the highways at night...in fact, not animal related, i whacked a huge hunk of basalt on the road this morning on the way into Missoula, took out my entire sidewall, and scarred up the rim a great deal... nothing like changing a tire on a wet muddy Montana highway at 5 AM with trucks coming by spraying ya with that misty mud...while wearing a suit. Made my morning just fantastic.

·
Registered
625 Posts

dude, you know what, I nearly hit a deer just a few hours ago..

its in the off topic forum if you wanna read my post...
scared the hell outta me!!

wish I had better headlights, DOT lens SUCKS

btw I live very near you, same situation here in alberta, lots of deer and elks, especially at night

1 - 15 of 15 Posts