SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the rear end of the XC70 saggs a bit, the front end was refreshed a few years ago.i think the rears are original.

i do carry a few things in the back and the rear tends to sit lower than the front. anyone tried the Lesjofors "HD" rear coil springs 4295844? do they lift the car a certain amount or are they just more stiff to prevent sag if you have a few items in the car?

https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/clone-volvo-coil-spring-xc70-v70-4295842

thinking about getting those along with Sachs 30760056

https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/volvo-shock-absorber-xc70-311-753

i like the ride height for now just want it to look more even when im carrying stuff (looks better in photos that way too). i dont mind a little rake.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
931 Posts
Can recall some negative info on those, something about how the spring ends (pigtails) didn't line up well

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I have had Kilens 66024, which are rebranded Lesjofors x44, as I read somewhere. They do not fit fully.

They also didn't do much for sagging, but killed the comfort entirely. I replaced them with Nivomats.

This is how it was with the stock springs (x42) and shocks:

This is with the Nivomats and a lot more load (steel basket extension, awning, inflatable boat, outboard engine, more gas, more beer):

Here I've added 16 mm (5/8") subframe spacers and 20 mm lift kit. In the rear the lifting was done with 16 mm shock mount spacer and 3x 2 mm washers on the Nivomats. Good thing here is Nivomats "think" they are under stress because of 6 mm washers, and raise the car to "compensate" for these 6 mm. So I can put even more stuff into the trunk and still have the rear end level.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
931 Posts
vtl, no I was asking the original poster. If he doesn;t want them, I will probably get them from you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts