SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to move my sirius aftermarket head unit (read generic sirius unit, not a volvo $1million sirius setup) to the new volvo.<br>I don't want to have dangly wires, and want to tap into the 12v system and the existing sirius antenna on the car (the shark fin antenna).....<br>anyone done this yet?<p>thanks<br>Kevin

·
Registered
392 Posts
Re: anyone installed a sirius head unit in the v50? (mgcarma)

Hi Kevin,<p>I believe the shark fin is the gps antenna. They also have a shark fin like appendage for the cell phone antenna, though I don't think it is available in the US. As far as I know Sirius is not available from Volvo for the V50.<p>I saw some pics a while ago showing a very clean install of an aftermarket sat. rx. in the overhead console. It looked great and I'll probably put mine there eventually.<p>You could try mounting the antenna just in front of the rear view mirror somehow. Reception wouldn't be as good as on the outside but it could be very clean.<p>Jack

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: anyone installed a sirius head unit in the v50? (jackf)

Thanks, I'll give it a shot.<br>Any pics of the overhead console install?<br>would love to know how to get that plastic cover off (don't want to attempt and end up gouging it..)<br>cheers<br>K

1 - 3 of 3 Posts