SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can pay for it or buy u food at a nice steakhouse! ;) and a :beer: maybe? I need someone who have done it as i have no experience installing a boost gauge. I havent purchased any parts yet cuz i dont want it to just sit in the garage if i cant find anyone who can help me. For those who have a gauge installed, whats ur setup like? And what kind of gauge did u use?

·
Registered
305 Posts
I think a little search here and on google will get you more than enough info to tackle the job. Its very simple!! Id help, but the cost of a plane ticket probably not doable!!

Yep, sent from my rooted, rommed Galaxy Nexus....

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Did you get this done as yet? I'm thinking about doing one also - haven't done one before but maybe we can figure it out on both cars one weekend.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Did you get this done as yet? I'm thinking about doing one also - haven't done one before but maybe we can figure it out on both cars one weekend.
I have not done this yet. I havent really bought any parts for it yet as i dont want it to just sit in the garage. Do u have the parts ready? If so where did u get it from? Im sure pacific mall sells gauges!lol

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
I have not done this yet. I havent really bought any parts for it yet as i dont want it to just sit in the garage. Do u have the parts ready? If so where did u get it from? Im sure pacific mall sells gauges!lol
Not yet but I see Viva and IPD sell the gauges. I bought the front and rear upper braces which should be shipped to Buffalo in a week or so then I'll go pick them up. We can buy a couple gauges (or kits?) and have them shipped there as well.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think ipd sells the "R" gauge which im not a big fan of due to the color/lighting as it wont match the dash lights.
I would prefer getting something close to oem dash light color so it'll blend well.

Have you thought about places to mount the gauge? Cuz im thinkin of doing placing it by the plastic trim piece by the cluster which is gonna be custom and i wanna checkout volvoguys or some junk yards if the have the trim piece cuz i dont wanna screw up the stock one.lol
Where abouts are u in toronto btw?

Will

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
Junk yards won't have the S60 trim, most of the ones in Ontario don't put S60s out into the pick and pull yards.

Perhaps maybe the one in Cookstown.

As for the gauge, since you have a regular S60, just get a universal black 52mm gauge. Would match your interior.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Junk yards won't have the S60 trim, most of the ones in Ontario don't put S60s out into the pick and pull yards.

Perhaps maybe the one in Cookstown.

As for the gauge, since you have a regular S60, just get a universal black 52mm gauge. Would match your interior.
if im not able to find the trim, then i have no choice but to use what i have now.. u know a good place to buy a boost gauge?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Cookstown does have a couple s60's in the pick and pull yard. I cant recall what was left of them but you may get lucky

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Whats the name of the yard? Thanks

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
There's also Erie Volvo (Vovo?) - I think they sell used parts?

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah erie vovo sell used parts. But id rather get it local to save on shipping specially something small like the trim its probably not worth it. Might drive down to cookstown and see what i can get. Let me know if ur ready to buy the gauge. Maybe we can shop around.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Not sure if i have much time to help you guys out, but would be glad to give pointers where I can - the "how to's" on the site were very helpful. I risked it and used my existing plastic surround - you can buy new ones if you hoop yours!
My biggest words of advice, once you have the gauge Bondo-ed spend time to properly wet-sand the finish - let that paper soak for a while - I got too impatient and it took me longer to finish than it should have. Other one, take you time priming, let her dry and multiple coats of paint, letting it dry in between.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks DocV70r! thats why i want to buy the plastic surround so i can take my time doing the job. how's the light on the gauge at night? is it brighter than the cluster? am i able to turn down the light for the gauge using the adjuster for the interior lights?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts