SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
EDIT- I will be taking a bus to Hyannis at 6am so Ill just camp out in the airport till im ready to get on the bus.

Ill be flying to BOS this weekend to go down to Hyannis to buy a new vehicle and Im thinking about just sleeping in the the airport. However I thought I would see if we have any members around that wouldnt mind letting me crash in their place for the night. Ill be getting in at 1:30 at night so I dont really expect anyone to be up at that time but it doesnt hurt to ask.

For those wondering this is what im buying-

2006 Nissan Xterra, Manual, 4x4, 60k miles. Its going to be my dog vehicle, towing, and camping. Plus to keep miles off the R.

EDIT- I will be taking a bus to Hyannis at 6am so Ill just camp out in the airport till im ready to get on the bus.

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
What day?

Just made a similar-minded purchase a couple months ago, and the Xterra was something I considered. Ended up going a bit more lux as I could get a Land Rover LR3 with similar miles and age for about the same price.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Sat morning, the 31st is what I said in there. And I considered a land rover as well as I love the hell out of them but man the complaints for EVERY year and EVERY model (basically) scared me off. Plus the price of repairs, cost of insurance, and the fact that my dogs will be in the vehicle just about as much as me made me choose something a bit more rugged and reliable.

Those LR3's are super nice but you cant get them in a manual and you lose rear space compared. But those are lux for sure. Dont make me question my choice!

You have pics of your land rover?

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Yeah it's a roll of the dice, but the LR3 is supposedly when things turned the corner and got more reliable. I managed to find a one owner example in great condition. Still, the differential replacement costs and other fairly normal repair costs do make an angle gear look cheap by comparison. Despite that, can't wait to take it off road!

Never got to drive an Xterra, and the manual sounds fun. Enjoy!

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/WFDd9"><a href="//imgur.com/a/WFDd9">View post on imgur.com</a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts