SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! Just wondering if theres anyone here in the toronto area with vida dice? My anti skid warning light is on and would like to get the codes read. Or does anyone know how much the dealer would charge?

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Volvo Villa charged me around $58.
Thanks! Will see if i can get it scanned soon. Well the light went away. So i wonder what caused it.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im holding off on getting my codes read cuz ive been calling dealers and they want $120 just to pull the codes. For that price i might as well but myself a pirate vida! Lol

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hello all! Im gonna give this another shot and maybe someone can help me out. I would like to turn off my DRL and ive asked numerous dealers and the all refused to do it. So im hoping that anyone with vida can help me out. From what ive heard, no SW is needed. Just have to make some adjustments. I wanted to buy vida but just cant afford right now and have to buy another laptop to meet their requirements. Reason i wanna turn my DRLs off is cuz halogen sucks and i wanna go back to hids. Let me know if anyone can hook me up. :)

·
Registered
276 Posts
the dealers wont do it because drl's r mandatory in ontario. so i'm not surprised. you'd have to offer more money for them to even consider. and i dont beleive anybody would buy vida/dice unless it was very beneficial for them

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Hello all! Im gonna give this another shot and maybe someone can help me out. I would like to turn off my DRL and ive asked numerous dealers and the all refused to do it. So im hoping that anyone with vida can help me out. From what ive heard, no SW is needed. Just have to make some adjustments. I wanted to buy vida but just cant afford right now and have to buy another laptop to meet their requirements. Reason i wanna turn my DRLs off is cuz halogen sucks and i wanna go back to hids. Let me know if anyone can hook me up. :)
An H7 HID kit will only cost you about $100. Volvo Villa changed my code so that the headlight switch actually works (off = DRLs only) for $68. I changed the halogen DRLs on my VR to 3000k HIDs and now have a real option in lighting.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Its actually h11 for my lowbeams/drls. I just switched back to hids a few days ago. So they are on whenever the car is on.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Its actually h11 for my lowbeams/drls. I just switched back to hids a few days ago. So they are on whenever the car is on.
And that's bad? I bet they also stay on with your halogen high beams (replaced by relatively useless DRLs on my '07 VR.) We also have an '02 S60 AWD (which uses the H7s) and the HID/halogen combination works great.

But you were right earlier, what Volvo won't do for a car with a Canadian VIN is turn off the DRLs or, even if the dealer is OK with it (I know because I tried), download the Euro fog light program, which allows the fogs to stay on with the high beams.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts