SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am picking up a base '12 S60 from dealer today that has the off-black t-tec seat material.

I don't need any of the other package items (and $$) so this little base car is perfect for me. Although I wouldn't mind some larger wheels (the 17" seems not to fill the wheel well entirely) or lower it a little and maybe add some R-design exterior parts, but that can wait.

Anyway, if anyone has this interior, how is it holding up?

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Me. It's doing great. Mine is the black interior and the seats are very comfortable as expected. No breaking or anything either. There's a minor stain that is not really visible. I don't remember how it got there, nor how to get it off. Shouldn't be too difficult though if I put some time and muscle into it.

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
T-Tec material is very durable and usually don't hear too many complaints about it.

·
Registered
13,988 Posts
We have the beige t-tec on ours and I was initially somewhat concerned about keeping it clean but after a year in service it literally looks new. Granted, we have a "water only" rule in the car and no little kids. I would think the black would be even easier to keep clean.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thanks for the replies. I decided to sit on the deal a little until I knew more about how the fabric holds up. The dealer is making a strong case for me to take it home though!

·
Registered
785 Posts

·
Registered
1,447 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Can anyone post a pic of their T-Tec interiors? I´m just curious to see the difference. My car has the Mellbystrand textile interior, I will post pics as well. I like Volvo´s textiles, they are very durable and look very good.

One of my old 01 V40´s had the textile / "leather" combo and it held up extremely well (I bought it used with over 9 years old and it looked in perfect shape). The leather interiors on my other 01 V40 (beige interior) needed considerably more care to keep it clean (previous owner did not take good care of it and it was dirty as hell.).

·
Registered
176 Posts
Here´s the Mellbystrand textile in case anyone is curious...

It´s definitely not "Beechwood" fancy at all, yet it appears to have very good quality and last a long time

·
Registered
13,988 Posts
That looks very similar to the antracite or off black t-tec, save for the stripes.

·
Registered
16 Posts

1 - 11 of 11 Posts