SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.snabb.us/Snabb-Precision-TCV_p_134.html what do you guys think? I know snabb has a good reputation here in SS and im sure they make quality products and im really interested in purchasing one cuz i need a new tcv. I know phuz and ipd sells good tcv but their shipping cost is the deal breaker.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The ARD looks the same as the snabb one. Hmm maybe i should wait or just go with phuzzy or ipd.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
You can get it i dont see the point of wait. Ard products are great

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Should i go with ard? Cuz snabb is on sale for $10 cheaper! Lol and i didnt see any installation instructions. Im assuming it would be same as ipd.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Dont know if the price of snabb is shipped, anyway you can order in both places anyway. It should come with instructions, if know let us know for sure we can help you with that.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks! Will look into it tonight. Shipping to canada is like $7 from snabb. Dont know about ard.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I emailed ARD and got a quick response about shipping to canada. Its free! Might be buying from them.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
You will be fine, lucky (robert owner of ard) has amazing service.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Kristian sells ARD tuned ECU's, and I think they are going to cooperate on other items. This looks to be the same TCV, and I'll bet that it is, and I know Robert wants Kristian to do most of the retail sales, and SNAAB has the same items on sale for less, just for that reason. I'd say go with whoever is cheaper.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Im still skeptical about the tcv. Just cuz ive never heard anyone having experience with it. I didnt even know snabb and ard made tcvs(which btw is same tcv). Though mine has to be replaced cuz now i went back to stock and when i first start the car in the morning the idle fluctuates a little. But when i had ipd tcv idle is pretty steady. Anyways, im still looking to hear from someone with ard or snabb tcv. If not, the only way to find out is to buy and try it out.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sweet! We'll lucky from ard confirmed it essentially the same tcv with snabb. How new is this product anyways? I was always under the impression that only phuz and ipd makes aftermarket tcvs for our cars. Too bad ard didnt offer me the introductory price i would have order from him cuz of free shipping. Snabb is having a sale for the tcv $64.95 plus $7 for shipping to canada. A buck or two cheaper compared to ard. Lol

·
Registered
4,382 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
maybe your MAF is just getting a little dirty.
Thats a possibility. But i read on here that its hard to remove the maf. I noticed it only happens with the stock tcv though. When i had the ipd tcv idle was pretty steady. Just too lazy to switch it to ipd again. Lol

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
TCV at idle will not make a difference, a vacuum leak yes.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Thats a possibility. But i read on here that its hard to remove the maf. I noticed it only happens with the stock tcv though. When i had the ipd tcv idle was pretty steady. Just too lazy to switch it to ipd again. Lol
How so? Remove the intake hose, and unbolt it from the airbox. Pretty straight forward tbh

1 - 20 of 51 Posts