·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering if anyone heard something about this.thanks

·
Registered
85 Posts
i have been told about an ECM update that is for out of warranty cars but my inside service friend told me there is something a bit fishy about the whole thing and advised me not to do it.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I took mine in yesterday. So far so good. Didnt really notice a diference.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Oh lord. Unless this is a true recall and I get a letter I can't expect it to get done. Not without my local dealer charging me $200+ to flash my ECU.

Let me know when this is listed as a recall/TSB -_-

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
you dont need to wait for a letter, you can call volvo usa and give them your vin so they can told you if there is any recall there.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
I'll do that today then.

But I still need to wait for a letter. The local dealership are literally nothing but a bunch of POS. :/

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Its not really a 'recall' its more of a software update..it think its got something to do with fuel management. they shouldnt charge you for anything..im in canada.(dont know if that makes a difference)

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Its not really a 'recall' its more of a software update..it think its got something to do with fuel management. they shouldnt charge you for anything..im in canada.(dont know if that makes a difference)
Oh trust me. I tried getting the recall done on the fuel pump and ended up having to do it myself. It is seriously the WORST dealership you could even begin to imagine. They've only been decent to me once because they thought I was interested in buying an A8. Only reason I was checking that out is because it took them an hour to find my flex plate bolts I had ordered (and they told me to come in right away to pick up).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts