SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My uncle has a 91 240DL sedan with over 100,000 km trouble-free mileage. He doesn't want to sell it because the new "affordable" Volvo S40 doesn't have the "tank" feel of 2-Series, which I totally agree. <P>He even thinks 240 is best car Volvo has ever built, do you guys agree?<P>

·
Registered
12 Posts
I think the 240's are the icon of volvo. Although the S40 is great, but I bet it doesn't have that "tank" feeling. But The only volvo cars I driven is a 242,245,760.<BR>So I am more inclined to the 240's, especially my 242. The one and only problem I have with the 760 is that its not for tall people. especially in the back seat! But the 760 handles like a dream! But for my taste, it should be the 240's as the flagship vechicle for Volvo in 2000. I even dreamt of a 2000 242.<P>

·
Registered
313 Posts
the only thing I don't like about the 2 245's I've had is the poor rustproofing, otherwise it's my favorite Volvo.<P>cheers,<BR>scott

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have to agree with the rustproofing issue.<P>For me, I greatly prefer the 700 series cars. They feel WAY more modern, and I found them to be more comfortable. That said, nothing compares with the tankness of a 240.<P>What is sad is that I also don't get this feeling of longevity in newer Volvos (or the Passat I drive now.) By comparsion, 200s/700s are simple cars. <P>Tom<P>

·
Registered
1 Posts
Best car ever had! still have my 87 240DL, with approx 120K miles, no rust, paint looks good and going strong. Only complain it's the AC, it never cools enough. They key is to find a good mechanic. I hope the new models keep reputation going.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I HAVE AN 1988 240 AND I THINK IT IS THE BEST CAR I EVER HAD. i AM LOOKING TO HOP IT UP HERE IN THE FUTURE. VOLVO'S RULE.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I think that the 240 is considered a classic. I have to agree though that the early model 240's did have some rust problems. I think the newer ones are a better though.<P>Volvo240<p>[This message has been edited by Volvo240 (edited 12-11-2000).]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts