SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure the best way to describe the noise, sounds mechanical... like a very fast paced actuator fluttering (turbo wastegate or something with variable valve timing). <p>Happens as the RPM's are ramping down during upshifts. Most noticeable with moderate acceleration and the tranny shifting from 1 to 2. Notice it most when cold, but still think it's there after warming up. <p>Half tempted to go "test drive" another XC60 to see if they all make the noise, or if I may have a problem?<p>By the way, the vehicle is < 2 week old. Just hit 500 miles and I just love it. Only disappointing thing with the car is that I didn't know about the tan colored pillars and headliner when I ordered the off-black interior. Wish it was black to match the dash/seats - and not to show dirt from fingerprints, home depot runs, little kids in the back seat, etc. Probably wouldn't have changed my purchase decision, but I'm a perfectionist so I need to complain about something!

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
The thing with noises like this is indeed to try another XC60 to see if this is something they all do. Alternatively, your dealer could confirm the same so long as they are by now familiar enough with the XC60 to know what they sound like<p>hope you enjoy your XC60!<p>S

1 - 2 of 2 Posts