SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My XC was scheduled for delivery to the dealership today. The out of state Dealer that I have the Contract with called to say there would be a delay of about a week. The vehicle is at the port, but has to have a "part" changed out along with several other units sitting at the port. Since it is listed as sold it will have priority and should only take a couple of days.<p>I asked what part it was and he said he didn't ask. I asked if it had been damaged in transit, and he said absolutely not. Just a defect part that had to be changed out.<p>Are these things tested or inspected once they reach port? Is anyone aware of a bulletin out on something? Any other ideas? Load of B.S.?

·
Registered
339 Posts
Re: Anyone heard of this???? (gohode)

this is quite common. cars that have a component that need to be changed get taken care of at the factory. those that are already on the ship get fixed when they land at the port. this is called a "port upgrade". what they are changing, i don't know. all import car companies use processing companies that repair, do body work and paint any cars that need to have stuff done before they are wholesaled to the retailer. i have seen this operation fisthand many times down at port newark and they are an extremely skilled set of workers who do EVERYTHING at the same exacting specifications as the manufacturer. i wouldn't worry about it, but the delay is a hassle.

·
Administrator
55,923 Posts
Re: Anyone heard of this???? (gohode)

I think VW recently did this with the limited run of 337 GTIs - George maybe able to add info on this. Sometimes units fail an inspection or something for U.S. standards and need something replaced. <p>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts