SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to decide if it's worth getting this protection. I already have the vip extended warranty 10yrs/unlimited miles, tires and wheels delux and prepaid maintenance up to 100k.

Would like some input from those that have the appearance package. How quick were the repairs? Do they service the leather seats as well? How often do you get cosmetics fixed? How strict are they with the credit card measurement? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

2017 xc90 inscription polestar 22 inch

·
Registered
369 Posts
Crickets may help tell you something, especially if you have no responses after the weekend passes when more folks may be checking out the forum and this thread.

Personally, this is one of the last insurance policies I would ever purchase as I'm easy on my interiors and only hand wash and detail my vehicles myself -- they generally look "almost new" when I eventually sell or trade them years later. I have a different view when it comes to extended mechanical warranties. My choice there has varied over the years with the ride I purchase, as I don't have the skill to do that sorta stuff myself, and I've sometimes purchased new-tech or from mfgrs without a proven longer-term reliability track record, or some mfgrs that just flat out cost a fortune to do any type of repair post-warranty. Similarly, I only purchased wheel/tire insurance on one car when I purchased it with large rims, low profile run flats, and I lived-in and frequented areas where the road quality had numerous potholes -- even then, I never made a claim in the 4 years I had that policy. For me, all of these types of insurance are similar to the sort of decision making I go through with say Homeowner's or Auto Comprehensive deductibles -- in this case with a "appearance package insurance" I take my chances given I have no children and I take care of my cars, unlike some that view automobiles as a disposable asset, let them sit in their driveway or at the curb when home, and never wash them. I also purchase my vehicles vs. lease, so that I suppose could be another consideration if you've had appearance type problems in the past and repairs may be needed before turn-in time. ;) Good luck with your decision.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Appreciate your response. I was interested in the policy due to my having 2 young kids and doing alot of highway driving.

Similar to you I never lease, but own my cars for 10+ years if I can. I live in a very urban area, so washing and detailing my car on my own is very difficult ( condo in the city).

You might be on to something with the lack of responses. My guess is most here may not see value in the package. I will keep the cash and put it towards a nest egg for repairs from my local body shop. Thanks again!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts