SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
3,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Has anyone used them for their R online the pricing is good an quality looks to be there as well. These are real genuine leather replacement seat covers, not overlays.

Link ~ http://elwoodindustries.com/id69.html

·
Registered
61 Posts
Did you end up ordering from them?

·
3,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I haven't yet, once my front seat gets bad or maybe these income returns. I will post if I do, I ask anybody to do the same.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Those covers look legit, and they have Black.

My drivers bolster on my Gobi is starting to wear through like they all do. Once it gets bad I may replace the covers with Black leather.

$1500 for just fronts if you get the all leather ones.

·
Registered
8,061 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Just received driver's seat bottom skin

For my T5. Looks nice coming out of the box. I'll post some pics from my install.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Let us know how they hold up vs OEM leather seat skins which all wear through at some point (at least in the R's). I'm betting they won't be quite as soft as the OEM leather as the R leather has no clear protective coating on it, but will last much longer at the same time.

It's a shame really, in my 1994 300ZX TT the previous owner paid to have brand new seat leather put in as the original seats were done for (probably a product of driving with the T tops out a lot) and I think the new ones are OEM Nissan replacements so they had to of been $$$$$$$$, but the interior is this ugly brown peanut butter color that is just awful. It's so atrocis I want to buy a wrecked 300zx with black leather just to swap out the awful brown for black.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Finally installed

My installer didn't want to install it, since the sides don't match the main seat area, and that doesn't match the passenger seat bottom. So after a couple trips I convinced them to install anyway.

My installer also replaced the bolster foams, which were very tired at this point (~175k miles). Very comfy.

As stated above, the leather is not as soft as OEM, seems more durable. Color for the main seat area is close match to OEM Arena. I'm happy that I'm no longer sitting on dozens of cracks with foam poking through.

Here's a link to the seat pic:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1slQ8ndinZZpI2A5qUSYmTzKYiK_4CfX3LA/view?usp=sharing

·
Registered
27 Posts
If you live in a big city you can probably find a good leather/upholstery guy to fix what's wrong instead of having to buy entire skins and do it yourself.
You'd be hard pressed to get a trimmer (a good one at least) to replace a couple, or a few panels, especially with leather unless it's relatively young. I've been trimming for almost 8 years and from what I've learned and experienced if more than one panel needs to be replaced the best bet is to redo the that whole cushion.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts