SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
....and whether they can be bolted onto a '12?

I think I'm seeing glaze on my rotors from what I would consider very minor enthusiast driving on some back roads.

·
Registered
558 Posts
....and whether they can be bolted onto a '12?

I think I'm seeing glaze on my rotors from what I would consider very minor enthusiast driving on some back roads.
I would assume that with larger rotors, the mounting point of the calipers is different. Not as simple as ordering new rotors.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Someone put larger brakes on an XC90...there is a post in the XC90 section. Think they were from a V8 put on a I6. Guy said same caliper only needed to change the mounting bracket.

I'm sure there will be a way to do it.

I'm eager to see the performance difference quantified. My rotors are turning white and I'm really not pushing them anything like what I've done to my prior cars.

·
Registered
780 Posts
That looks interesting...Where did you buy them?
I suppose it only fits 19" wheels?

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Made it at local AP Dealer, this Red Colour S60 will usng the 19" BBS CK Series wheel + 5 mm spacer on it. Another V60 T6AWD will using the 18" Pegs and no need any spacer.

Interesting. Are these available in the US? How much?

I'd like to see someone install these with stock RD wheels.

What I'd much prefer is if there were a way that Volvo would initiate a program to allow 2011/2012 T6 and RD owners simply to upgrade to the 2013 RD brakes.

·
Registered
5,201 Posts
Interesting. Are these available in the US? How much?

I'd like to see someone install these with stock RD wheels.

What I'd much prefer is if there were a way that Volvo would initiate a program to allow 2011/2012 T6 and RD owners simply to upgrade to the 2013 RD brakes.
We can also order a Brembo 356mm BBK for the S60/V60 models.

Don't expect any type of "program" from Volvo. If you want the 2013 RD brakes, it's just a matter of ordering the parts yourself. We can easily put together an "upgrade kit" if there is enough interest, and once VIDA is updated and the '13 models make it stateside.

·
Registered
217 Posts
We can also order a Brembo 356mm BBK for the S60/V60 models.

Don't expect any type of "program" from Volvo. If you want the 2013 RD brakes, it's just a matter of ordering the parts yourself. We can easily put together an "upgrade kit" if there is enough interest, and once VIDA is updated and the '13 models make it stateside.
Hi George

I've checked the Brembo sizing specs for the S60 against my stock wheel (18" Freja) and also against a set of 3rd party wheels in 18" with a 52mm offset, and as far as I can see they won't work. There is (just) enough room circumferentially, but not enough clearance from the spokes to the caliper. You'd need either a wheel with a lot lower offset or a big spacer.

Do you have any additional info on using the Brembo kit with stock 18" wheels that would suggest otherwise, or know if it does indeed require a spacer?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts