SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll buy a ton of it. Here is how my last week has gone.

Wednesday of last week: Rock hits wifes windshield ('06 S40 T5) and cracks it. Get that fixed.

Friday of last week: Wife gets rear ended on Interstate. Destroys bumper and quarter panel. Still have to get that fixed.

Sunday: Blower motor goes out on sewer system at home. $410 to fix

Today: Another rock hits wife's windshield and cracks in different place. Still have to get that fixed.

Today: Dad was using my tractor ('05 Kubota) to clear off some of my property... Tranny starts grinding and will no longer go in and out of 4 wheel drive.

All this and I am stuck working on a drill ship out in the middle of the Gulf of Mexico for the past three weeks and still have a few days to go.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Re: Anyone have any good luck for sale?????? (Widgeonus)

i will loan you what luck i got for a week. kind of know how that goes, but, i have decided murphy lives here and only when he gets bored with me does anyone have as bad a week as you have had.

last week was just ok with me, i guess murphy got bored and visited you.

it will get better, but Two
windshields? that is tooooo crazy!

best of luck for the future http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
555 Posts

Quote, originally posted by Widgeonus »
Today: Dad was using my tractor ('05 Kubota) to clear off some of my property... Tranny starts grinding and will no longer go in and out of 4 wheel drive.

Trade it in for a Komatsu (I work for them
)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Re: (bpwrightwv)

Quote, originally posted by bpwrightwv »
it could get worse, you could have a class 5 Hurricane bearing down on your ship

Way to cheer the guy up http://********************/smile/emthdown.gif

·
Registered
365 Posts
Re: (bpwrightwv)

Quote, originally posted by bpwrightwv »
it could get worse, you could have a class 5 Hurricane bearing down on your ship

If you have time to email then chances aren the hurricane ain't that big of a fear.

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
Re: (TheProfessor)

Quote, originally posted by TheProfessor »
Way to cheer the guy up http://********************/smile/emthdown.gif

My point is that in the grand scheme of things, or the big picture if you will, things can always be worse. His wife or child could have cancer, his father could have been killed when the tranny slipped on his tractor, etc.

Don't let life's RELATIVELY minor annoyances (like a cracked windshield) get you down b/c things could always be worse.

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
Re: (Pez)

Ben Franklin, (or someone else ) once said "if it weren't for bad luck, I wouldn't have any luck at all" in cases like this it's best to think NO MATTER HOW BAD IT IS , SOMEONE ELSE HAS IT WORSE, this actually helps me especially on those days that really bite.

and if that doesn't help a couple
http://********************/smile/emcocktl.gif
http://********************/smile/emcocktl.gif
will

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Re: (V50_T5)

I don't think that it was Ben Franklin. That line is from the blues song "Born Under A Bad Sign." The song was written by Booker T. Jones (of Booker T. and the MGs) and William Bell. I think it was originally recorded by Albert King. Other versions were recorded by Eric Clapton/Cream, Jimi Hendrix and KoKo Taylor. The KoKo Taylor version is a duet with Buddy Guy; it rocks.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Re: (BarentsBlueV50)

bingo, that is the winner. i really like you sig too. i just found my second childhood and am looking for my third!

if one's problems can be solved by writing a check, one has small problems.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Re: (hastee)

Thanks Hastee. It's from "Don't Turn This Child Away From Heaven" by Anson Funderburgh and the Rockets (w/ Sam Myers vocals). Any of Anson and Sam's collaberations are HIGHLY recommended.

Any ragtop with the top down and good blues on the stereo is the perfect search tool when looking for one's lost childhood!

·
Registered
989 Posts

Here's the upshot...bad things usually come in 3's so looks like the Volvo is safe for a while. Hope the Mrs is okay.

Feel your pain, being in the military it seems like EVERY time I hit the road to somewhere it's always something back at home that disconnects. Not experienced the motherload of goodies all at once described in your mailbag but had them all at one point or another. Just another of life's distractions to some varying degree.

Threes for mine weren't all that bad. Mentioned jinxing my car if I posted my good results from the first service, which I did...and sure enough about two weeks later had my first chug chug stall...then the seat started that creaking around corners I'd heard of...then the grand finaly was hail damage to the hood a few days after...by the way which is the only place that received damaged in all the pounding. Our babies have a soft spot rrrrrright in the middle. Paintless made it look good as new ($164) and guaranteed for life of the car.

What ever it is you do on the drill ship out in the Gulf - play safe out there!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts