SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the IPOD stop transmitting/playing when you use the bluetooth?<p>Here's why I ask. I have an IPOD dock, and I've recently done some auxiliary wiring. I installed an aftermarket transmission temperature gauge, and to get power to the gauge I tapped into the plug that would be used for bluetooth. I figured it was safe to tap into this plug, since we have no plans on getting bluetooth.<p>Anyway, since the install of the gauge, my IPOD dock does not work. The display in the dock does not show an FM station, it is just blank. The backlight will come on, so I know its getting power, but I checked all fuses anyway. Everything seems to be in place.<p>It makes sense to me that since bluetooth and the ipod dock use FM transmitter technolgy, and since the Volvo is so smart, it would stop the ipod when the bluetooth is in use. But I am trying to verify this, before I go through the chore of re-wiring my gauge.<p>So let me know what you guys think. Best,<br>T<p>

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Anyone have an IPOD dock AND a BLUETOOTH in their XC90? Quick Questions for you (tpezzolo)

Bump. Anyone that can help me figure this out?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Re: Anyone have an IPOD dock AND a BLUETOOTH in their XC90? Quick Questions for you (tpezzolo)

Yes, the ipod will fade out while the bluetooth is on. Haven't played with it enough to know if it pauses or just mutes the ipod (just picked it up today!) but that might be what is going on.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Anyone have an IPOD dock AND a BLUETOOTH in their XC90? Quick Questions for you (DeeZee)

Ok thanks. I will try a re-wire and keep my fingers crossed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts