SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So a tune from these guys is $325. I e-mailed them and got a response saying that they offer tuning for the T5 and the 2.4i. Only catch is, it's one of those "mail it get it back next day" type deals. I know to always spend the extra money if you want quality, but I'm curious. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
4,563 Posts
Re: Anyone had experience with SpeedTuningUSA? (Revolve40)

Is it a flash tune or is it a place that does the "sauder tuning"? I get really skeptical when you have to ship your ECM off to a tuner.<p>EDIT:<br>Link to there website?

·
Registered
2,457 Posts

I wouldn't. @ 325 they're probably soldering and it's probably a very generic tune.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Re: Anyone had experience with SpeedTuningUSA? (cicatrizdare)

I had to send my ecu "overnight" mail to powerchip, and I havnt had any problems. In fact I sent it back to get reflashed again with a downpipe software upgrade... I will preface my statement with the fact that a few poeple here have had problems with powerchip... I would check their website, and look for credible dyno sheets, and statistical information, also, call them on the phone and see if they know anything they are talking about. When I called powerchip they sent me a 10 page layout about "what the powerchip would do to a t5 s40". It had multiple dyno sheets, and charts that showed the improvments in hp and tq at 500 rpm increments. Also the guys at powerchip work closly with evolve to tune s40's. <B>Again I am not saying they have the best track record</B>, but they have been great with me...

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Anyone had experience with SpeedTuningUSA? (mad matt)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>mad matt</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Link to there website?</TD></TR></TABLE><p> <A HREF="http://www.speedtuningusa.com" TARGET="_blank">http://www.speedtuningusa.com</A><p>I have no idea what to think.

·
Registered
102 Posts

after looking at the web page.... i wont go with them... save your money and DONT even go with powerchip, go with RICA... its like a grand, but its worth it.

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Lots of 850/70 series folks have experience with Speedtuning. People have had some bad experiences with them when shipping out the ECU but generally very good experiences when driving there to have the ECU chipped right at their workshop.<br>I imagine that it's not chipping on the S40/V50s but rather hooking up a computer.<p>Personally, I wouldn't hesitate to go with RICA or IPD/MTE if they have software available...I would not go budget on this. It's too important

·
Registered
9,114 Posts
Re: (Big Will)

Id have to agree with that statement. OBD2 cars are a bit passed the point of being able to actually solder in a socket for a ROM chip especially in these later years with newer developments of technology with our ECU's.<p>Odds are they are just reprogrammed in house rather than over the internet like the more expensive tunes which require a tool.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts