·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If so, please share.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
why not just buy a used steering wheel from ebay. Its maybe $50 bucks. There are some in the classified section too from people parting out their cars.

·
Registered
480 Posts
I have the one I took off when I installed my wood wheel. Its clean and nearly perfect since it was nearly new then. $70 if you want it.

BTW, its from a 2001. Therefore it is thicker and more comfortable than the ones originally on the 1998 models.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Will fit but airbag won't work for a 98 - IIRC the air bags are different.

Flat_six I'll take that steering wheel off of you. Is it a leather wrapped one?

·
Registered
480 Posts
Yes it is leather and granite (light grey). Interesting to note that I had a 1998 XC70 wood wheel on my 2001 for a while before I found the 2004 wheel thats in there now. I didn't have any issues with the airbag - so not sure about that compatibility concern.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
98 is a single stage air bag. 99+ is a two stage. If you used the original air bag that came with your car then it won't care. But if you install a 98 airbag it should kick on the SRS light.

Can you pm me a photo- I'm serious about buying it.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
sniped me on my own thread. Tharts low. ;(

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
98 is a single stage air bag. 99+ is a two stage. If you used the original air bag that came with your car then it won't care. But if you install a 98 airbag it should kick on the SRS light.

Can you pm me a photo- I'm serious about buying it.
Why? 99 bag in a 95 855T, i have done it. Will not set off SRS lamp

sniped me on my own thread. Tharts low. ;(
why get sniped...01+ wheel and airbag....thats going in my vert

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have the one I took off when I installed my wood wheel. Its clean and nearly perfect since it was nearly new then. $70 if you want it.
Money sent. Thanks

Gary

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Wait what? I wasn't sniping you Gary, it didn't sound like you wanted the wheel. So did you buy this wheel? Because if not, I want it.

And Steve please do explain how you're getting the 01+ wheel to work in a 1998 or earlier model? They don't match and the air bag won't work. It's a 2 stage vs 1 stage system.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Yeah I saw the same thread Steve. It's definitely not plug and play and even then if I recall correctly, there was no verification that the airbag would actually work.

·
Registered
605 Posts
the granite wheel in my 2000 is fat. I like it. It doesn't have those thumb thingys tho

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I have the one I took off when I installed my wood wheel. Its clean and nearly perfect since it was nearly new then.
I just wanted to report back that the seller lied about the wheel being "near perfect". I pulled the wheel out of the box to find that it was in fact absolutely perfect. ;) Thanks again and hope to install it soon.

Gary

1 - 20 of 20 Posts