SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering anybody figured out what exactly needs to be replaced to stop getting the anti-skid required and chassis settings temporary message. I don't get this message when I first start the car in the morning and drive around, but I do get this message later on if the car is warm and I make a sharp left. I see many forums on the Internet but seems like nobody pinpoint the problem

·
Registered
290 Posts
I feel I have a pretty good understanding of solutions depending on the symptoms even without vida. I had very similar symptoms to yours when I got my caR last spring and have since got it working 100%.

1. Does you DIM read "no message" on start up no matter what?
-If so, will your DIM read "1 message" after about 10-15 minutes even while driving straight or stopped when it happens? (anti skid service required) ------- This is most likely the AOC haldex pump and or temp/pressure sensor

2. Does your DIM read "1 message" on startup every time or only sometimes? (anti skid temporarily off)
-If so does a slight turn at least in 2nd gear get rid of the massage temporarily? -------- This happens if you park the car and turn it off with the messages still showing

3. Does your DIM read "2 messages" after a tight slow turn in forward or reverse? (anti skid service required & chassis settings temp disabled)
-If so, does a restart and a slight turn temporarily clear both the messages? even if only for a minute.
-If so, does a restart and a slight turn clear the second message only and ASSR is still there? -------- This is most likely the clockspring/steering wheel angle sensor.

·
Registered
8,737 Posts
that perfectly sums up how I feel about this forum after I return from a hiatus.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Im asking if any of those symptoms or exact situations are happening in his case, or anyones for that matter.

my background:

I had all of these symptoms and found through VIDA I needed to replace the AOC haldex pump to solve the problem where after about 10-15 minutes the ASSR would pop up. So awd would work until I made too sharp of a turn then I would get both messages.

Then I replaced the clock spring behind the steering wheel and that fixed the turning too tight problem.

Good news is though that it doesn't sound like the angle gear or collar because that would not throw any messages or codes at all.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I feel I have a pretty good understanding of solutions depending on the symptoms even without vida. I had very similar symptoms to yours when I got my caR last spring and have since got it working 100%.

1. Does you DIM read "no message" on start up no matter what?
-If so, will your DIM read "1 message" after about 10-15 minutes even while driving straight or stopped when it happens? (anti skid service required) ------- This is most likely the AOC haldex pump and or temp/pressure sensor

2. Does your DIM read "1 message" on startup every time or only sometimes? (anti skid temporarily off)
-If so does a slight turn at least in 2nd gear get rid of the massage temporarily? -------- This happens if you park the car and turn it off with the messages still showing

3. Does your DIM read "2 messages" after a tight slow turn in forward or reverse? (anti skid service required & chassis settings temp disabled)
-If so, does a restart and a slight turn temporarily clear both the messages? even if only for a minute.
-If so, does a restart and a slight turn clear the second message only and ASSR is still there? -------- This is most likely the clockspring/steering wheel angle sensor.
I definitely have #3.. Never got it until I got an alignment then that's when the message would pop up

·
Registered
868 Posts
All of this is idle, uninformed speculation without knowing the codes causing the message. Get VIDA, do not pass go, do not collect $200. Come on, folks, that's like looking at just a check engine light and asking people what's wrong with the car. Any one of dozens of codes or combinations of codes could be the cause.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Get VIDA (or access to a local with VIDA), clear codes, see what comes back after one or two drive cycles. Start from there.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Well yes of course VIDA is the absolute best way to diagnose your problem. But having an understanding of the exact problems and what could most likely be solutions is a must eventually down the line. I know I wasn't giving him exact solutions for his specific car, but having an idea of what it could be definitely helps cool down nerves and helps knowing why things happen.

If or when you get VIDA or check codes, come back to this and let us know if I was on point or not!

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Jesus, this question comes up bi-weekly.

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
Get VIDA (or access to a local with VIDA), clear codes, see what comes back after one or two drive cycles. Start from there.
+1 OP, where are you located? Check out the owners map and find other owners near you, some of them may have VIDA and be willing to help.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
+1 OP, where are you located? Check out the owners map and find other owners near you, some of them may have VIDA and be willing to help.
Poughkeepsie, NY

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
Poughkeepsie, NY
I've got VIDA, but I'm a little ways out from you (near Hawley, PA). If you ever travel near this way, just let me know.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
VIDA VIDA VIDA no other option to track down that code. Could be thousands of things.

From my electronic gismo- Galaxy S6

1 - 15 of 15 Posts