SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Jaguar XFR
3,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever talk to AMS performance?

friend with an Evo was asking me a few questions about the R. He seems to really like it and asked me HP capabilities of the R. I couldn't really answer them. He told me about a company that deals with turbo cars... AMS.. Says they're good. And they deal with high hp awd cars and that they may be able to help with some of our drivetrain issues. I was wondering if anyone has talked to these guys.

http://www.amsperformance.com/index.php

they have a 1041 AWHP (All wheel horsepower) EVO
http://www.amsperformance.com/a_perrera.php

Modified by o2k at 12:50 AM 3-12-2009

·
Registered
7,964 Posts
They do have some fantastic parts.

But as with most companies, the opportunity to make money with the R is few and far between. R&D for specific parts to profit is very tough.

Some cars, like the C30 make things a bit easier since there can be some parts that cross over.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Re: (chinaonnitrous1)

We're working with IPS performance here in columbus. They're being very good about all the "fun" things that a volvo presents to them.

I feel bad though, they're just doing 1100 awhp Corvettes.

·
Registered
Jaguar XFR
3,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: (BeerEngineer)

Quote, originally posted by BeerEngineer »
We're working with IPS performance here in columbus. They're being very good about all the "fun" things that a volvo presents to them.

I feel bad though, they're just doing 1100 awhp Corvettes.

How did they make a Corvette all wheel drive?

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Re: (o2k)

Quote, originally posted by o2k »

How did they make a Corvette all wheel drive?

nitpick.

·
Registered
Jaguar XFR
3,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: (BeerEngineer)

Quote, originally posted by BeerEngineer »

Sorry, not AllWheelHP, at wheelHP
Quote, originally posted by -Pascal »

nitpick.

·
Registered
Jaguar XFR
3,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: (m3nt0s)

Quote, originally posted by m3nt0s »
Just curious, whether it be AMS, IPS, or another company, what exact upgrades/parts would we be looking to put in our cars?

I personally was interested in more horsepower than what we can achieve with whats available now.. Along with a beefier drivetrain that can actually handle that hp.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.